AWE are recruiting for a general Information Specialist to support the business in meeting its regulatory requirements. Proven experience in information management (paper, digital electronic data and other media formats) is essential. One of these roles is project based so an understanding of Configuration Management would be an advantage to the person with the right information experience. These are not IT roles, they are roles that represent a mix of responsibilities across traditional Information Governance, Operations and Compliance.
The candidate will ideally have an Information Governance, Operations or Compliance background and have experience of supporting the design and delivery of good information management practice within an organisation.
The role will require you to provide advice on all aspects of Information Governance across the various business areas so a sound understanding of Information management is essential. You will also be part of the team responsible for setting the operational direction for AWE in all Information matters so you will be required to have an understanding of information legislation. A significant part of the role will focus on developing and supporting organisational policies and processes to ensure that we raise awareness of and comply with these various information legislations and improve the overall information maturity in AWE.
Location - Reading area
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependant). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We welcome applicants looking for full or part time hours.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
· Translating information management and service strategies into operational delivery.
· Managing and implementing the information management capability for the area of responsibility.
· Leading, managing and supporting multiple information management projects to deliver improvements in information management within the area of responsibility.
· Ensuring regulatory and legislative compliance for the lifecycle management of information assets within the area of responsibility.
· Ensuring business requirements are satisfied and information is exploited, managed and protected throughout its lifecycle.
· Management and mitigation of information risks associated with the legal, contractual, security and accessibility aspects of information.
· Providing input to strategic planning that develops and assures the information management capability for the area of responsibility.
· Ensuring that information requirements are compliant with the corporate information management strategy, policies and standards; assuring the protection and lifecycle management of the information.
· Contributing to the development of AWE's capability in electronic working practices, ensuring solutions satisfy business requirements and are compliant with policies and standards.
· Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player
Skills and Experience
· Managing multiple concurrent tasks whilst maintaining effective judgment in prioritizing and time allocation of self and resources
· Task managing a team to ensure that they deliver the required results on time and to the specified quality.
· Ability to gather requirements and construct associated plans and documentation such as Business Cases, Reports and Plans
· Project and task planning and management
· Managing and delivering activities in a diverse organisation
· Highly skilled in customer relations and communications, both written and oral
· Problem solving, using a range of approaches, tools and techniques to underpin decision making