Electrical and Mechanical Engineer – Career Transition Programme
We welcome applications from engineers in all sectors to apply for our training programme.
Equinix is the world leader in the global data centre market, growing connectivity between our clients and working towards our goal of global interconnection. In our 69th consecutive quarter of growth, and with over 500 data centres on 5 continents, we support over 1000 cloud and IT service companies across the world.
We are seeking to work with talented engineers looking to change sectors and make the exciting move into the data centre world. Engineers working within construction, maritime, aviation, and the automotive industry have all previously made very successful moves into Equinix data centres.
In the engineering team, we keep the lights on! We are responsible for maintaining the critical electrical and mechanical infrastructure across the various sites. This includes stand by power generators, UPS, HVAC systems, AC units and chilled water systems.
With both technical and on the job training, you’ll be working as part of a strong team working together to achieve the following:
- Able to translate customer requirements into work deliverables
- Implementing, commissioning and setting up new facilities
- Working with key business leaders to increase current facility capacity, efficiency, sustainability and reliability
- Infrastructure maintenance
- Performing site inspections
- Carrying out complex maintenance and repairs on control systems
- Developing SOWs for routine control systems projects
- Running corrective maintenance
- Site administration
- Completing site logs and data gathering for permits, such as MOPs and scripts
- Completing basic work requests and circuit installations
To participate in our training programme, we are actively seeking applications from different sectors as we will provide the training you need to build a successful career within our data centres. We are looking for applicants with:
- A qualification in electrical or mechanical engineering (BSc, apprenticeship, NVQ level 3 or BTEC level 3)
- Knowledge of critical infrastructure equipment and tools such as UPS, generators, BMS (Building Management System), chillers and FSM (Fire Safety Management) is highly desirable.
- A positive outlook, a hunger to learn, and a desire to develop and grow are essential, as is the ability to work well within a team.
What we Offer
At Equinix, we believe that our culture and values are at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, and dedicated people who create the Magic of Equinix. We know we are only as successful as our people, so strive to offer a supportive and progressive working environment where we actively promote learning and development so our people can grow their careers with us. Additionally, we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive flexible benefits package.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. We actively champion diversity with a series of networks including Black Connect, Equinix Women’s Leadership Network, and Pride Connect.