AWE plays a crucial role in nuclear defence, providing the warheads for the UK's nuclear deterrent. What we do is unique and so are the people who work here. We currently have an exceptional leadership opportunity to join us as Head of Quality.
Head of Quality
Closing date: 21st March 2021
Location: Reading/Basingstoke area
Salary: AWE offers a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme and other associated benefits which you would expect from a leadership role are also available. We will consider candidates looking for full time or part time hours.
As Head of Quality you will lead the Quality sub-function by developing Quality strategy, policy and standards and deploying them across the business through a team of Senior Quality professionals who are embedded in all business functions, to achieve business requirements whilst assuring customer and regulatory requirements are met.
We are looking for individuals who put our values of Pride, Innovation, Trust and Excellence at the heart of what they do and model the core leadership behaviours of setting direction, engaging people and delivering results.
In addition to the above, we will also be looking for candidates to have:
- Ability to develop the Quality vision, strategy, policy and standards for the business in line with the overall business strategy through effective collaboration with a range of senior leaders and ensuring compliance with customer, regulatory and business requirements.
- Ability to own Quality delivery and governance policies and procedures, ensuring that the relevant AWE Management System artefacts meet regulatory, customer and business requirements, and have maximum effectiveness.
- Ability to own regulatory accountability for Licence and Authorising Conditions, providing direction and management of the arrangements and ensuring delivery.
- Ability to act as a role model, coach and develop a proactive Quality culture, share best practice principles, highlight and reward examples to support understanding.
- Ability to ensure the internal 'voice of the customer' and business feedback are managed, communicated and fully understood by all Quality resource.