AWE is currently recruiting for a Senior Quality Manager to drive the delivery of Quality performance and improve and all aspects of Quality through engagement, diversity and development of staff, processes and performance metrics.
Location - Reading area
Package - £54,250 - c£65,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available.
- Provide leadership on the delivery of technical assessments, through the development of assessment methodologies and enhancing capability development
- Provide strategic leadership to enhance quality skills, knowledge, and capabilities necessary to support both current and future work of the Tech Centre
- Identify gaps using analysis tools, and construct process improvement, and programme recovery plans
- Develop and deploy quality metrics to measure, develop and enhance quality performance
- Act as the Quality SME for cross functional team activities
- Provision of technical review and guidance to support customers, stakeholders and the company, internally and externally
To be considered for this role, you'll need the following:
- Conversant in quality control techniques and quality management systems
- Experience of quality management and leading within a highly regulated production environment
- Previous experience of leading successful change and transformation and implementing continuous improvement
- The ability to deliver appropriate solutions in a cost effective and cost-efficient way
- Good knowledge of the national and international standards for quality and business management systems
- Technical knowledge of the configuration and certification requirements for high integrity products
- Experience of advanced Quality Control Tools and World Class Manufacturing methodologies
- Able to influence stakeholders and work across the functions
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.