MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: £60-70k doe
Part time working considered
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
An opportunity for an experienced and adaptable Embedded Software Project Leader to join us at our Development Facility in Stevenage. The Embedded Software team is tasked with supplying a full range of hard real time software solutions; you will be supporting and developing this team.
What we’re looking for
A natural leader and communicator with experience of making judgements for software development; responsible for delivering the software projects on time on cost and on quality. Applicants with significant, related, software development experience will also be considered for development into the role.
- Proven track record leading a team of software developers
- Project management skills to ensure good planning, delivery and cost control of software developed by the team
- Experienced in providing regular reports to demonstrate progress and achievements
- A good understanding of software and the software development lifecycle to be able to provide effective management oversight and strategic direction
- Experience in working in a high technology environment where the quality and accuracy of work is crucial
- The ability to understand requirements and available design solutions so that you can produce accurate and cost effective estimates of work to be undertaken
- An understanding of technology used in the real time embedded software development to enable correct choices to be made when needed
- Knowledge of Software configuration management tools and techniques
What’s in it for you?
- This is a great role for an enthusiastic person looking to improve their engineering and leadership skills
- This is an outward facing role with opportunities for greater influence in the wider missile development programs
- Working with teams in both the UK and wider international Software Engineering organisation, ultimately supporting the development of safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on
- This opportunity will enable you to improve and apply your technical leadership skills across our range of embedded solutions responding to the functional and performance requirements associated with our complex products.
Join a great team!
- The Stevenage site encompasses approx. 110 Software developers of which about 50 engineers specialise in all aspects embedded real-time systems. These skills are co-located providing an atmosphere of supportive collaboration and interdependence
- We develop the software that drives some of the most sophisticated missile systems in the world. The department applies small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems, contributing to a hardworking group of experienced software, systems and electronics engineers developing very exciting, technically advanced products
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.