Based in London & Dublin
Senior Commercial Manager, Global Design & Construction
Equinix is the world leader in the global data centre market, growing connectivity between our clients and working towards our goal of global interconnection. In our 69th consecutive quarter of growth, and with over 500 data centres on 5 continents, we support over 1000 cloud and IT service companies across the world.
This position reports directly to the EMEA Commercial Management Lead, Global Design & Construction.
The primary focus of the role is commercial management oversight across Equinix’s portfolio major expansion construction projects throughout EMEA.
The position works closely with other internal project teams of varying levels of seniority.
The role is expected to provide strategic and day-to-day leadership specifically focused to drive down construction costs, provide assurance against internal financial controls and reporting processes and help manage all major contract risks.
- Oversee the preparation of budgets including detailed cost modeling, benchmarking analysis and presentation of this to senior management.
- Monitor adherence against budget throughout the project lifespan including cost checks and reviews, value engineering and cost saving initiatives and evaluation of alternates.
- Provide guidance and assist with the orderly development of requests for proposal leading into procurement for design services agreements, owner furnished equipment and general contractor services agreements.
- Oversee and provide guidance on commercial change management and change evaluation efforts on all projects.
- Review analytics for project portfolio cash flow and earn value analysis.
- Monitor the financial close-out on all projects including settlement of all vendors.
- Pro-actively lead all commercial risk management efforts including commercial audits, contingency analyses, risk identification and analyses and management training.
- Review project cost reports and carry out regular reviews of these with senior management.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors degree in construction, business, financial or related field.
- 5+ years experience in a related function.
- Preferably RICS accreditation.
- Must be detail orientated, with accurate input and proof reading skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong business acumen.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong sense of accountability, ownership and urgency.
- Must have strong computer skills, particularly with Excel.
What we Offer
At Equinix, we believe that our culture and values are at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, and dedicated people who create the Magic of Equinix. We know we are only as successful as our people, so strive to offer a supportive and progressive working environment where we actively promote learning and development so our people can grow their careers with us. Additionally, we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive flexible benefits package.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. We actively champion diversity with a series of networks including Black Connect, Equinix Women’s Leadership Network, and Pride Connect.