MBDA is a multi-national group, employing 12,000 employees across Europe. With our continuing development in the domestic and international markets, openings have arisen for ‘Business & Project Managers’ across a number of our business areas to define, plan and deliver medium to large size contracts/programmes. This is an exciting time to be at the forefront of change, as part of our new dynamic vision for Europe.
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrable Project /programme management experience
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills, with the ability to establish, maintain and support strong relationships, working collaboratively across various levels in the organisation
- Skilled in developing effective partnership relationships with Programme/Portfolio Stakeholders
- Drive and motivation in leading collaboratively project teams to strive for excellence in the face of adversity
- Strong business management experience, with a sound understanding of typical organisational issues and challenges that face projects/Programmes.
- Driving best practice and identify opportunities for innovation
What’s in it for you?
- Working in an exciting, complex and changing environment, there are opportunities to add value and make a difference in delivering capability to our customers.
- A great platform to embed your stakeholder management skills, across a diverse multi-functional organisation.
- Exposure to working within a vibrant and well established ‘Business & Project Management’ community
- Opportunity to gain professional/accredited project management qualification
- Career progression opportunities within and outside the ‘Business and Project Management’ community
- High level of integration between functional directorates and customers within UK and our European counterparts.
- Open forum to share best practice and innovative methodologies.
What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
The Role Responsibilities
- Lead a multi-functional project team, to establish on-time delivery of programme milestones and deliverables.
- Ensure contract budgets are planned, loaded and controlled in line with Work Breakdown Structure
- Develop effective collaboration with project teams and internal/external stakeholders
- Implement project management processes, tools and reporting mechanisms
- Manage and control contract estimate-at-completion, revenue and margin in line with budget
- Ensure robust workload forecasts are maintained
- Plan and facilitate active risk management across projects, with a strong focus on mitigation activities
- Ensure all Export Regulations are understood, adhered to and compliant
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.