An opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Test Engineering Team Leader to join the manufacturing organisation supporting test and diagnostics of electrical/electronic weapon systems during Development and Production. The Manufacturing Test Engineering organisation is responsible for the day-to-day support to the product testing of weapons and equipment within our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Bolton.
What we're looking for
- Degree/HND level of qualifications or equivalent in a relevant subject, plus experience in digital and analogue electronics manufacture and test.
- Experience of managing a small team of technical professionals in a multi-functional delivery orientated organisation.
- The ability to plan and organise the team’s work in order to ensure multiple tasks can be prioritised and delivered against Project objectives.
- A good appreciation of electrical measurement and test principles and test equipment, as well as systems-level functional testing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including generation and review of test specifications and technical reports.
- Supportive, pro-active attitude with the ability to maintain a calm professional manner, even when priorities might be changed at the last minute.
Here's what’s in it for you
This role offers the opportunity to work on a variety of products of varying complexity using the latest technologies the aerospace and defence sector has to offer. In addition, we offer extensive on-the-job training and opportunities for personal progression, including both technical and leadership career development paths.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Providing technical leadership to the team supporting manufacturing test of weapon systems in production and development, to ensure programme targets are met to agreed time, cost and quality requirements.
- Management of the operations testing team responsible for the testing of electrical/electronic weapon systems and sub-assemblies, including deployment of engineers to appropriate tasks and prioritisation.
- Provide Test Engineering support during Design / Development phases from initial concept through to Production Readiness Review and release to Operations.
- Support Test Facility introduction and ensure that configuration control of equipment and facilities is in place prior to use, including generating supporting test specifications and operator instructions.
- Carrying out staff performance and development review discussions to ensure the team maintains and develops the right levels of skills and programme output.
- Driving the team to deliver in line with all programme and quality requirements, whilst maintaining Test Engineering functional excellence through continuous improvement.
- Test Engineering representative at key meetings to report progress of Test Engineering actions and align team with programme priorities.
Join a great team!
You will be leading a small team of dedicated test engineers in a fast-paced but friendly and inclusive manufacturing environment. We are a great mix of personnel, ranging from apprentices and graduate engineers through to experienced technical practitioners, all striving to deliver technical excellence and maintain product output.
We are currently supporting a number of different missile systems in development and production, working closely with the design teams and other stakeholders to overcome any technical challenges.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.