Are you a Scrum Master who wants to join a leading cyber team within an evolving and dynamic organisation?
Due to the success of a number of strategic programs, we are growing our Agile Team with creative and ambitious Scrum Masters. With a primary focus on Agile and Scrum, your role will be to facilitate the most effective application of agile methodologies to meet our customers’ emerging mission needs.
Different thinking for a Different world
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to government and commercial customers worldwide. In Northrop Grumman’s rapidly growing UK Cyber and Intelligence business, we support our customers’ work to make the UK the safest place to live and do business, both physically and online.
Working with and alongside our customers, we use modern engineering methods (Scaled Agile, DevSec Ops, Site Reliability Engineering, micro-service architectures) and cutting edge techniques (data science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning) to tackle complex and challenging problems and deliver cost effective, reliable, supportable solutions.
Our solutions support complex analysis of substantial amounts of data, requiring state of the art ‘big data’, stream processing and cloud-based analytics, identifying and using ‘best of breed’ commercial and open source technologies and integrating them with our own software to meet customer needs quickly and efficiently.
At Northrop Grumman we pride ourselves on our ability to combine agile development with sound engineering and security practices to ensure that our solutions are robust and resilient; designed and built to start secure and stay secure against ever evolving cyber security threats. As well as designing for security, Information Assurance and legal / policy compliance, we actively assess products and services, identifying vulnerabilities and weaknesses that could be exploited by cyber attackers, and we create and run exercises to pit cyber security specialists against secure systems and each other.
We carry out research and innovation locally in the UK, with commercial and academic partners, and across our 85,000+ worldwide workforce.
How you will make a difference
You will work within an agile team that is responsible for a suite of software applications that provide crucial capability for our customer’s mission. You’ll act as a ‘servant leader’ to the team, helping them to work effectively to deliver maximum value to our customers.
- Support Agile and manage execution of the project in collaboration with the Product Owner and development team;
- Work with the Product Owner and development team to ensure the backlog is continually refined and understood by the whole team;
- Provide input to Scrum team and organization on Agile/Scrum best practice and values to delight customers;
- Provide input to the Scrum team and the development team on how to get the most out of self-organisation;
- Create a culture of sustainable continuous improvement;
- Identify impediments and blockers to delivery and recommend mitigation options;
- Contribute to a trusting and safe environment within the team by raising problems without blame, and with an emphasis of healing and problem solving;
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and making information visible;
- Being a self-starter
- Desire to work in a growing organisation and be a thought leader and mentor
- Desire to implement new ways of working and "out of the box" thinking
- Experience working and leading in Agile delivery teams;
- Holds relevant qualification for profession i.e. PSM I, CSM,
- SAFe certifications including SA, SSM. SASM RTE or SPC
- Experience or Knowledge of scaling approaches such as SAFe or LeSS
- Experience of Agile Coaching or Qualifications including ICP-ATF, ICP-ACC or ICE-AC
- Applicants must be able to hold and maintain UK Government clearances
- Looking for flexibility? Speak to us at application stage about what may be possible.