Are you an experienced researcher who wants to join an evolving and dynamic organisation? Due to the success of a number of strategic programmes, we are growing our Business Development and Capture team. The job of a Market Intelligence Analyst is to research and analyse information and statistical data to support future business strategy, product development, and specific business winning campaigns. The role requires the blend of Technical, Finance, Business Development, Proposal, Team Building and strategic thinking skills to be successful.
Different thinking for a Different world
Northrop Grumman is involved in a range of future game-changing defence and security programmes. Whether this is as a partner in the F-35 Lightning II providing the aircraft with much of its situational awareness and communications, as a leading specialist in large intelligence datasets, as a pre-eminent provider of High Altitude Long Endurance unmanned aircraft systems, or as the ‘go to’ provider for truly open system architectures for battlespace networks, communications, and command and control, Northrop Grumman has an unparalleled reputation as an innovator.
How you will make a difference
- Research, understand and analyse the customer and their value elements, this includes key stakeholders, influencers. It also includes past opportunities with the relevant customer and lessons learned.
- Analysing competitors to understand their strategies.
- Leading team competitive analysis work shop
- Act as a subject matter expert for competitor intelligence activities
- Maintain a competitive intelligence research database
- Developing a price to win analysis using research and financial analysis techniques
- Work as a part of an integrated team, interfacing with sector leadership, division leadership, and function leads
- Analyze and make effective use of cost, schedule, technical, and programmatic data
- Build and validate accurate and complete cost models, parametric models, estimates, and risk analyses
- Support definition and documentation of technical baseline
- Assist in the drafting and editing of management and executive level briefings, papers, report
- Conduct cost and technical research to improve analytics.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree with a significant quantitative analytic focus with in-depth knowledge and skills in an engineering/business disciplines.
- Requires relevant work experience in price to win, cost estimating, business/finance/economics, modeling or operation research.
- Demonstrated experience in data collection modeling and analysis.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written with customers and company personnel
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as required
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products and other data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Previous experience in defence or government competitor research
- Demonstrated previous Programme management and Profit & Loss experience
- Demonstrated experience developing life cycle cost estimates.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct interviews, research and data analysis to translate technical programmatic information into a cohesive, written baseline description and engineering cost models
- Due to the nature of the environment (fast-paced, high volume, while meeting deadlines), the individual must be a team player, self-starter, skilled at working under pressure and must possess outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of agile estimating techniques and software sizing methods (i.e., SEER-IT/SEM/HW parametric models
- You must be able to hold UK Government clearances
- Travel requirements: UK travel required to attend team/customer meetings and training activities. Occasional international travel may be required. Valid UK driving licence and passport
- Looking for flexibility? Speak to us at application stage about what may be possible.