Vehicle Certification Agency
Head of Automated Vehicle Technologies Group
£53,481 - £61,502
Do you want to work at the forefront of connected and automated vehicle technologies?
Are you someone with excellent leadership skills with the ability to build a team?
If so, this exciting opportunity as our Head of Automated Vehicle Technologies Group is for you, and we’d love to hear from you.
The Automated Vehicle Technologies (AVT) Group forms part of VCA’s Regulatory & Technology Group. This area of vehicle technology is set to continue to grow within the automotive sector at a rapid rate. Therefore VCA has ambitions to grow its expertise in this field to ensure that the agency is ready to deliver robust approval services in this evolving technology area. The AVT Group has been formed to manage the portfolio of Regulations within the remit of GRVA (UNECE Working Party of Automated Vehicles). Examples of specific regulations being actively worked on within this forum of the UN include:
• Automated Lane Keeping Systems (UNECE R157)
• Cyber Security (UNECE R156)
• Software Updating (UNECE R155)
• Steering Systems (UNECE R79)
• Braking Systems (UNECE R13H)
We want you to help build and develop a team of focused regulatory and technology specialists in the disciplines of connected and automated vehicles. You will build excellent working relationships within VCA’s Technical Service, policy colleagues within the UK’s Department for Transport along with other key stakeholders.
Your role responsibilities will include:
• Line management and development of the Automated Vehicle Technologies Group;
• Upskilling our engineering teams for vehicle automation and assistance systems;
• Policy Support for International Regulatory development;
• Policy support for National Regulatory development;
• Oversee a Technical verification of VCA’s Technical Services work;
• Respond to GRVA related questions from our Technical Services;
• Responsible for the development of VCA interpretations for Automated Vehicle related subjects;
• The point of contact for GRVA related Market Surveillance enquiries and investigations;
• Implementation of a vehicle approval incident response plan for connected and automated vehicles.
You will have excellent working knowledge of Automotive legislation standards within the UNECE forum. You will have excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing, with the ability to adapt your delivery to suit a wide variety of audiences, maximising both impact and understanding through a variety of media. You are someone who gains rapport quickly with others as you build effective working relationships with both colleagues and stakeholders.
You will have strong leadership skills where you can shape a team and drive those around you to achieve the same shared objectives. You are someone who is well organised, and able to manage multiple and often conflicting priorities at pace and to a high standard.
Apply before 11:55 pm on Monday 12th April 2021.