AWE is currently recruiting for Engineering Managers to lead engineering projects and be responsible for delivery in terms of quality, meeting requirements, safety, value for money and schedule. You will Identify options, select the appropriate solution and provide the right facility design solutions that meet business needs and functional performance. You will have a background within one of the following disciplines Electrical, Control & Instrumentation, Civil, Structural, Building Services or Utilities.
Location - Reading area
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight in the UK and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We welcome applications from candidates looking for full and part time hours.
You will be required to:
- Be the lead engineering representative on the project. Responsible for delivery in terms of quality, meeting requirements, safety, value for money and schedule.
- Be the main point of contact for all engineering matters on a project.
- Ensure that the Engineering Requirements are suitable & appropriate and advise the Senior Engineering Manager.
- Recommend the budget and programme, to the Senior Engineering Manager, to deliver design.
- Assess the suitability of engineering design resources (both internal and external to AWE) to execute facility design. Ensure adequate competency and competency records.
- Lead, drive, communicate and deliver Facility Designs, with due regard to safety, quality, schedule, cost effectiveness and lifetime value for money.
- Maintain oversight of the facility design as it develops via routine reviews.
- Deliver, to the SEM, design solutions that meet business needs, functional performance, through life performance and is licensable and deliverable.
- Manage the Design Intent and Design Information Configuration from inception through to project handover.
- Provide functional support in identifying and implementing change, development and improvement.
- Assist the Head of Design Engineering in developing the Facility Design capability within AWE, encompassing both Improvements and Resource skills development.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Experience of managing both external suppliers and in-house teams to deliver Project design packages.
- Experience of all aspects of the project life-cycle.
- Establishment of requirements and problem definition.
- Developing and designing solutions.
- Configuration management and application of change control.
- Delivery of cross-discipline Design packages in a multi-discipline environment.
- Capable of undertaking role of Principal Designer under CDM Regulations.
- Design information configuration control for the life of a project.
- Ability to write technical specifications and briefs.
- HND/HNC Engineering.