Location: Stevenage or Bolton
Vacancy for an experienced Product Assurance Engineer to join the Quality Supply Chain team in support of non-conformance management and audit of the missile production supply chain. This opportunity provides the chance to work within a new dynamic quality team providing quality assurance activities with our supply base. The Role
What’s in it for you?
- Manage major equipment supplier Product Non Conformance. Facilitate implementation of the non-conformance defect investigation process with the supplier to ensure that adequate and appropriate corrective actions are implemented .Provide supplier Non-Conformance data analysis and summary reports. Identification of improvements with respect to the supplier non-conformance management process and its implementation within SAP.
- Working closely with our internal stakeholders to identify candidate suppliers for surveillance planning activities, and the schedule of activities to be performed.
- Conduct Quality audits/assessments in line with the surveillance plan and against the Suppliers contracted Quality requirements, reviewing the Supplier's corrective action progress, conducting product acceptance, with the aim of reducing project risk.
What’s great about the team?
- Opportunity to join a vibrant quality organisation and further develop as a quality professional;
- Gain knowledge of deploying latest quality tools and techniques;
- Opportunity to identify process improvements to aid on time and on quality delivery of products during the product lifecycle;
- Management of quality assurance activities associated with an international supply base.
What are we looking for?
- You will be joining a dynamic, focussed team responsible for assessing and improving the quality in the supply base.
- The team are both dynamic and experienced and keen to share their knowledge.
What would you get?
- Engineer with experience of quality management systems, techniques and processes especially during industrialisation and manufacturing phases.
- Experience of working within quality supply chain environment and able to operate effectively as part of the team.
- Auditing experience covering product and or quality system audits
- Good knowledge of key external standards, such as EN9100 and ensure it is maintained
- Experienced in Quality Tools & Techniques (8D, Six Sigma, DMAIC, Kaizen, PFMEA).
- Practical knowledge of non-conformance management process and SAP business tool an advantage,
- Ability to travel and work in a team environment.
- Qualified as a minimum to HND or HNC with experience within Engineering or Quality Assurance.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter. Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.