Electromagnetic Test Engineer
Location: Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell, Oxfordshire
Salary for Test Engineer: £31,931 - £34,709
Salary for Principal Test Engineer: £39,748 – £44,166
RAL Space is one of the largest interdisciplinary space departments in Europe, having celebrated more than 50-years excellence in space-flight.
The UK has invested £99M in the National Satellite Test Facility (NSTF), currently under construction. We provide a world-class set of facilities for the assembly, integration and test of space payloads and satellites. The facility will have the capability to conduct vibration, acoustic, thermal vacuum, pyro-shock, electromagnetic compatibility and antenna measurement tests of payloads up to 7 tonnes.
Construction is anticipated to finish in summer 2021 and the department needs to expand significantly. We are looking for skilled Test Engineers with a range of experience and Principal Test engineers, with experience of leading small test teams.
About the Role
- You will carry out a range of electromagnetic compatibility tests and antenna measurements of satellites and payloads in a newly built test facility as part of a small team
- Work to European space standards and processes in a cleanroom environment
- Support customers as they undertake end-to-end satellite tests in our facility
- Work alongside a larger team performing environmental tests, including vibration, acoustic, thermal vacuum, as part of a satellite measurement campaigns
- A dedicated, self-motivated individual who has the ability to multi-task and prioritise against a heavy workload?
- Someone who can achieve demanding targets
If you have experience of working in a test facility in a closely related field, ideally with experience of standards-based EMC or antenna measurements, although not necessarily in the aerospace field. Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal and a strong ability to understand requirements and follow technical procedures.
Come and join us!
Furthermore, if you have significant experience of EMC or antenna measurements in a closely related field and have experience in leading others in a similar environment, we are looking for experienced Principal Test Engineers to joins us and lead our teams.
Joining us at such an early developmental stage is an exciting opportunity for you to use your EMC and/or antenna measurement experience to characterise the facility, develop processes and your own skills and then to apply these to equipment destined for Earth orbit or beyond!
STFC offers a benefits package crafted to provide an excellent work/life balance including 30 days’ annual leave, flexible working hours, a workplace nursery, outstanding pension scheme, social and sporting activities and societies, a subsidised restaurant and excellent public transport links.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.