This is an excellent opportunity to, support the AWE Radiological Instrumentation Technical Authority for the delivery of specialist advice regarding installed radiation detection and alarm systems, Radiological Instrumentation and Stack Sampling Equipment.
It is expected that you will maintain current knowledge of all applicable procedures, legislation and safety measures as well as providing technical advice and guidance to customers and stakeholders as required.
To be considered for these roles, you must have an HNC/HND/Degree/Chartered or equivalent level of knowledge in engineering plus industrial experience.
We would be interested in hearing from candidates with knowledge and or experience in any of the following:
- An understanding of prime legislation/standards relating to, Radiological Instrumentation, radiation detection and alarm systems and Stack Sampling
- Nuclear physics, radiation detection and its applications
- Radiological Instrumentation and detection techniques
- Strong communication skills
- Analogue/Digital Electronics
- Working with analytical instrumentation, numeracy, handling large volumes of data, critical analysis & report writing
You will also be required to:
- Ensure the RI&C processes are maintained to comply with company Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
- Provide technical support to radiation detection and alarm systems, Radiological Instrumentation and Stack Sampling Equipment
- Prepare technical documentation and reports, and to participate in design reviews relating to Radiological Instrumentation and Stack Sampling Equipment
- Advise on standard specifications, codes of practice, design, drawings and calculation methodologies are appropriate for design and/or procurement work
- Advise on the compliance of designs with statutory/regulatory instruments, applicable standards and safety documentation
- Prepare equipment/instrumentation change control requests
- Support Factory Acceptance Testing/Site Acceptance Testing and review results for compliance of design intent
- As requested, assist Radiological Instrumentation fault investigation and rectification
- To provide training to staff as required
- Willing to co-operate and work within a team environment
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.