Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation.
Our energy systems are changing, and this change will need to accelerate if national and international decarbonisation goals are to be met. In the electricity sector, there will be significant change in the way in which our electricity networks are crafted and operated, with them becoming much more actively led, dynamic and flexible.
We are looking for enthusiastic, pro-active and forward-thinking experienced electrical engineers to drive forward the growth of our business. Specifically we are looking for candidates that have expertise in, and knowledge of, the technical, regulatory and commercial aspects of electrical transmission and distribution.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering high quality engineering consultancy services alongside pro-actively identifying project opportunities and building relationships with clients and other third parties. We are looking for experienced to senior level of electrical engineering professionals.
The role will preferably be based in Newcastle upon Tyne or Guildford, but other UK locations can be discussed.
Supporting the UK Energy team, your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Pro-actively seeking opportunities,
- Building relationships with clients and other third parties working in this sector,
- Developing ‘value propositions’ for our clients,
- Delivering consultancy services.
What you will bring to the team:
- Experience in delivering electrical transmission and distribution engineering and consultancy services.
- A broad understanding of the UK electricity system and related stakeholders.
- Experience of driving innovation in electrical distribution and transmission.
- Experience of the market structure, commercial models and regulatory environment associated with the generation, supply and sale of electrical energy.
- An honours degree in a relevant subject is crucial.
- Established relationships with clients and collaborators.
- Strong client focus
- Demonstrable experience of working as part of a team
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly numerate
- Good time management
- Project management experience would be beneficial but not essential
Being the best that we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative, and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
Interested? Please hit the apply now button.
At GHD we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD aims to provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to gender reassignment, age, disability, religion, or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, or race.