Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation.
We are looking for enthusiastic, pro-active and forward-thinking experienced Traffic modelling specialist/team leader to drive forward the growth of our Traffic & Transport business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading our Traffic Modelling team within the Urban Design and Transport Planning Service Group and play a major part in growing the team and supporting the Service Line to win new work.
Working with the Technical Director – Traffic Engineering and Modelling, your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and implement the strategic direction of Urban Design & Transport Planning group in line with the UK Strategy.
- Act as project manager or technical lead for projects, ensuring delivery in line with budget, time and quality requirements.
- Provide an innovative and problem-solving approach to consultancy, adding value for our clients and developing strong client relationships.
- Contribute to bids, proposals, and peer reviews for business development and to expand our traffic engineering capabilities.
- Support wider business development initiatives and raise the profile of GHD through high standards of project delivery, thought leadership and client networking.
- Collaborate and build relationships with other GHD offices and teams.
What you will bring to the team:
- Degree in Engineering or relevant qualifications.
- Experience working on significant modelling projects for both local authority and private clients, particularly Transport for London, large home builders and developers.
- Ability to audit models and coversant with TfL’s Model Audit Process (MAP), models approved by TfL MAP process.
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships and generate new work opportunities.
- Experienced user and able to train others in the use of traffic modelling software – LinSig / TRANSYT / VISSIM / Junctions9.
- Familiarity with key project controls with experience managing small to medium sized commissions.
- Conversant in industry standards, for example TSRGD, DMRB, Manual for Streets.
- Awareness of core processes for scheme design and project delivery.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience of leading a Transport Modelling and Planning team.
- Experience of applying microsimulation modelling techniques to other sectors such as rail, aviation or waste sectors
- Experience in leading/contributing to Transport Assessments/Statements, Travel Plans, and feasibility studies
- Experience in Safety Assessments/Audits for traffic related schemes
- Experience in highway design of public transport / cycle / pedestrian schemes, or detailed design and implementation
- Experienced with AutoCAD
Being the best that we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative, and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
Interested? Please hit the apply now button.
At GHD we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD aims to provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to gender reassignment, age, disability, religion, or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, or race.