We have a senior engineer position in the HV Power Systems team in providing specialist power systems advice and services to internal and external clients. The team is involved in a wide range of power system projects in the energy, rail, nuclear, building and utilities sectors.
Working across the Transmission and Distribution sectors, our projects span across HVAC and HVDC feasibility and FEED, HVAC and HVDC Design, project management, techno-economic assessments, and Regulatory and Advisory services supporting our clients in areas such as offshore wind and interconnectors, utilities, nuclear, data centres and industrial facilities.
This position will be based in Glasgow's office and integrated within a vertically aligned HV Power Systems team across other offices, including Birmingham and Manchester.
- Experience of Offshore Transmission gained within a client organisation, engineering consultancy, OFTO or equipment supplier.
- Familiarisation with relevant electrical codes and standards
- Knowledge with some experience in one or more of the following areas is required
- HV Transmission electrical plant and configuration design
- Power systems modelling and analysis
- Array cable/export cable sizing
General Requirements include
- Experience in protection system design and settings at distribution and transmission voltage levels
- Experience in steady-state and dynamic modelling of power systems
- Experience in preparing functional specification of HV equipment
- Hands-on knowledge of at least two major power system analysis software: Digsilent PowerFactory, ERACS, Matlab Simulink and SKM
- Experience of working independently and within a team
- Supporting bids and business development initiatives
- MSc or MEng degree in Electrical Engineering /Electrical Power Systems or similar
- Chartered Engineer or working towards chartership with the IET
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Shape your time with us
Our goal is to shape a better world. And to do that, we need to make Arup a phenomenal place to work for everyone. If we want to solve problems for people around the world, we must seek and attract the best people from the widest talent pool and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. This includes people with disabilities, so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process with your recruitment contact.
At Arup, you’ll be a welcomed member of the team with opportunities to participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador) or by joining one of our staff networks for women, culture or LGBT+ people. You’ll have access to a range of flexible working options – whether you’re a parent, a carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle - we recognise it’s not always easy to commit to standard working hours so if you're interested in flexible working, please let us know when you apply, and we'll discuss how this could work in your role.
Join us in shaping a better world.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. You will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to sex, race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We recognise that not all disabilities are visible and will make reasonable adjustments to cater for diverse applicants in the selection and assessment process.
What happens next?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please apply online. All applications will be considered, and we will try our very best to respond to you within 72 hours of receiving your application.
To apply, please click on the link below
Stay safe online - Arup will never ask for payment or your bank details as part of our recruitment process.