AWE is currently recruiting for Software Product Owner to work within our Science and Engineering Resource function.
Location - Reading area
Package - £54,500 - c£74,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available.
You will be responsible for planning, directing and implementing software product management activities for one or more scientific in-house applications. This will include life cycle of products (such as deconfliction of requirements, product development, ongoing support). Communicating across multiple groups and stakeholders you will work closely with the computational physics software development team to ensure software solutions are defined and meet customer needs.
- Development of product roadmaps and delivery schedules for large scientific in-house applications
- Coordination of software development and project management
- Managing the development backlog, prioritising and defining features to deliver the greatest value, and in a timely manner
- Highlight gaps and work with appropriate groups to resolve
- Create strong customer relationships and build trust
- Working closely with key stakeholders (capability, scientific methods, high performance computing) to support effective decision making to capture the correct requirements and priories.
- Monitoring of compliance and quality assurance of software
- Championing the software product(s), facilitate decisions and create value for customers and end users.
Essential skills, qualifications and expertise
- Experienced in understanding and owning software
- Experienced Software Product manager/owner; knowledge of managing the full software product life cycle
- You will demonstrate leadership capabilities and history of delivering results through teams
- Experience working with Agile software development methodologies, in the role of Product Owner
- Demonstrated ability and desire to handle multiple projects and responsibilities at one time
- Adept at influencing management / decision makers across a variety of functional processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including customer contact experience
- Demonstrated command of basic financial metrics
- Ability to gather and analyse information and develop logical implementation/ communication plans
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.