We are recruiting for an SQL Server DBA, who will be responsible for the support of Microsoft SQL Server database and associated application technologies. To provide end-to-end database/application support, ensuring that supported services meet or better performance targets agreed and documented in Service Level Agreements.
Location - Reading area
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight in the UK and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We welcome applications from candidates looking for full and part time hours.
- Provide database and application support SQL Server databases, applications and tools.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Deliver a service compliant with the Service Level Agreements and monitor Service Level Agreements to ensure that all supported services continue to operate in line with business requirements.
- Undertake problems investigation with supported services, ensuring that they are diagnosed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Monitor activity and trends against supported services and work with colleagues and customers to initiate regular exercises to optimise database performance.
- Develop and maintain database/application configurations and standards, ensuring that all standards are applied.
- Develop and support database interfaces, to ensure that data is managed and controlled appropriate to the classification of the data.
- Monitor, review and implement database security in-line with company policy and industry best practice. Identify and articulate risks associated with processing information within computer systems and networks in relation to supported services.
- Reviewing and applying database product patches, in line with vendor recommendations.