As a Systems Senior Engineer within the Design Services Contract Applications and Interoperability Team you will work on a wide range of in-service and new products ensuring that these capabilities are developed and maintained in line with the MoD’s capability uplift strategy. Within this Systems Engineering role you will make a significant contribution to the integration, test and delivery of C4I Systems on GDUK programmes through application of world class Systems Engineering expertise.
A typical day could include:
- Configuring a suite of communications and infrastructure equipment in accordance with a system architecture document.
- Analysis of third party applications for suitability of integration onto communications infrastructure.
- Producing Requirements for Test suitable to exercise the integration of applications onto an infrastructure.
- Performing a number of trials and tests to establish the characteristics of the proposed equipment configuration.
- Documenting all activities in manner suitable to enhance the understanding of both technical and non-technical audiences.
Ideally, you may also have experience of some of the following:
- Technical competence in integration and testing of complex software based systems
- HPALM/Rational CLM or equivalent
- Knowledge of C++, C# and/or Application Programming Interface
- Knowledge of ADatP-3 in MTF and XML
- Knowledge of SA and Track exchange utilizing APP-6 and MIL-STD-2525 symbol & interoperability standards
This role will be a combination of working remotely and onsite at our Oakdale office. We have a number of measures in place for onsite working – our top priority remains the health and safety of our colleagues.
Our Company Benefits:
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles, avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!