We are looking to recruit a Software Engineer to be a member of our Software Development Team on the Evolve to Open (EvO) programme.
You will be developing software in Java for a RESTful OData series of servlets built on Spring, JPA and Hibernate. You will undertake Data Model design and implementation for use by a Relational Database Management System (RDMS). You may also be developing and maintaining component level automated tests using Katalon, Gatling and PowerShell or Developing unit tests using JUnit. You will actively contribute to design reviews and assist the SAFe Product Owner and Scrum Master with refinement of the Sprint and Product backlog.
You will bring your experience in the following
- Java or C# or C++
- Experience of software implementation, software design and test experience, preferably in complex systems.
- Experience of Agile and SCRUM techniques and methodologies
You may also have experience of some of the following:
- Git as a source control tool
- Eclipse IDE
- Enterprise Architect
- Spring, Hibernate, Web Servlet development.
- Relational Databases
General Dynamics Mission Systems aims to be as flexible as possible so this role could either be based working from home, with a requirement for occasional travel to our site; or based within our offices in Chippenham depending upon your preference.
Our Company Benefits:
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
General Dynamics Mission Systems
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles, avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performing team!