As a Solution Architect you will lead on a range of new business-winning solutions across the business, as well as contribute towards the architecture, design, and engineering governance regimes of on-contract solutions, including both internal and customer-funded R&D.
You will work collaboratively with the other members of the Solution Architecture Service team, with capture managers, programme managers, customers, and other engineering teams to develop business-winning solutions and to deliver against contractual commitments in the Defence TacCIS, ISTAR and CEMA domains. Solution Architectures will encompass both technical system solutions and Systems Engineering management aspects of solutions.
Solution Architect is a senior specialist role and consequently you will bring to the team your experience of delivering a wide range of military systems, services and capabilities. Notably you will have understanding of ISTAR, CEMA systems and an excellent understanding of tactical communications systems. You will demonstrate your ability to drive quality and efficiency into our solution architectures through to delivery.
On a typical day you will:
- State and communicate an architectural vision
- Lead the technical element of business-winning proposal development, including cost estimation
- Developing an understanding of customer needs through customer contact
- Develop System Requirements
- Capture Logical Architectures and Physical System Designs using PTC Integrity Modeler
- Set out the engineering governance regime for future programmes
Ideally you will have experience and knowledge of some the following:
- NATO Standards for Interoperability
- ZODIAC architecture
- Land CEMA architecture
- PTC IM CASE tool
Our first and foremost priority remains the health and safety of our colleagues. As a result, this role will be working remotely for the foreseeable future. The primary location of this role is Oakdale.
Our Company benefits
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
General Dynamics Mission Systems
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles, avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performing team!