Your new role
You will be working on the National Roads Telecommunications Service (NRTS) project which provides the vital telecommunications interconnectivity between our seven Regional Control Centres, our National Traffic Operations Centre and our 30,000 roadside assets (e.g. message signs, emergency phones, CCTV, speed enforcement) which enables Highways England to operate, maintain and develop our Strategic Road Network safely and efficiently for our customers who use it and our workforce who are deployed on it. From a strategic perspective NRTS is essential in enabling Highways England to deliver our objectives.
The NRTS project is currently in the delivery phase of a Transformation Programme to replace the legacy end of life equipment with the latest generation of telecommunications services (e.g. IP video) that will provide a modern, scalable and flexible service to meet the needs of the business through the current Road Investment Strategy (RIS2).
This is an exciting and fast paced role that will allow you to develop and enhance your skills, working with operational specialists to deliver transformational IT projects.
What you’ll be leading on
- Responsible for the successful delivery of the NRTS CCTV Transformation project.
- Working with the Lead Delivery Manager to drive and develop the working relationships between the suppliers, the technology teams and business colleagues.
- Effectively managing activities to ensure high quality project outcomes are achieved on time and within budget.
- Ensuring all projects you are involved in support the Highways England imperatives of safety, customer and delivery.
- Tracking the delivery against the project plan, controlling risks and issues that impact success.
To be successful
- Relevant substantial work experience of leading on complex technology projects such as telecommunications, electrical engineering, CCTV or video.
- Preferable - experience of working with roadside Operational Technology CCTV equipment. An awareness of wider Intelligent Transport System technical frameworks such as ONVIF
- Experience of applying telecommunications, electrical engineering, CCTV or video technical expertise to the development and agreement of test and trial specifications and FAT / SAT test witnessing. Preferable this experience is in CCTV or video.
- Engineering or other relevant degree and/or project management qualification
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with evidence of successful engagement with internal, external clients and outsourced partner relationships.
- Knowledge of agile delivery methods and ideally applying them effectively.
- Experience and ability to digest complex information and communicate across all levels both verbally and in writing (presentations and reports)
A bit about us
The Information and Technology Directorate is a growing and vibrant team and there has never been a better time to join us as we go through our transformation programme. We are helping to transform the way Highways England operates by delivering digital, data and technology services from frontline to back office, in a modern and efficient way. Our vision is to develop integrated information and technology that empowers our colleagues and provides real time information to our customers, integration with intelligent vehicle and transport systems as they develop, to improve journey safety and reliability.
Want to know more?
For more information please email email@example.com quoting HIG04809.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation
We reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.