Role - Electromagnetic Engineer
Location - Reading area
Package - £34,000 - £44,000 pa (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available.
AWE is currently recruiting for an Electronics Engineer to join the Electromagnetics Engineering Team. The team support multiple AWE programmes and operate across sites and functions.
As a member of the Electromagnetics Engineering team, you will be required to:
- Contribute to the production and delivery of high-quality technical documentation, including test plans, reports and procedures
- Support the Senior Engineers and Task Management in scoping, planning, and estimating future activities
- Test installations, equipment and systems
- Analyse/recording data
- Actively seek to fill gaps in knowledge regarding Electromagnetic Engineering including Electromagnetic Compatibility, Electrostatic Discharge & Electromagnetic Fields
- Identify and support opportunities for cost savings, efficiency and business improvement Demonstrate excellent customer facing skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Organise personal training and development under the guidance of a professional mentor
We would love to hear from an excellent communicator who possesses a STEM vocational qualification, supported by considerable practical experience or equivalent.
- A working knowledge of electronic systems and their interfaces
- Able to work efficiently as a self-directed individual or part of a team
- Competence in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Competence in some engineering applications e.g. 3D CAD, Circuit Design and Simulation, Programming
- Degree or HND/NVQ4 level (supported by considerable practical experience) or equivalent in Electronic Engineering. If you have a different STEM qualification but have extensive knowledge of Electromagnetic Engineering, we would also like to hear from you
- Experience preparing technical documentation
- Proven track record of delivery
- Experience working in an electromagnetic engineering position
- Membership of a professional institution
- Experience teaching/training others
- Able to use schematic capture, simulation and/or PCB layout packages
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.