Electricity North West’s Customer Network Solutions (CNS) team provides control, operation and maintenance agreements for over 900 of the regions private network owners. Our specialist teams provide design, installation and commissioning services for high voltage supplies and private networks.
Recruiting the right people is key to us achieving success and planning for tomorrow. It’s a huge responsibility to deliver a safe, reliable supply of electricity that calls for switched on and adaptable individuals with ambition and resourcefulness. We are committed to building a workforce that represents our communities and we will support and develop our people ensuring they reach their full potential and feel valued and included.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join the service delivery team for a 12 month fixed term contract, the position will be based predominantly on site in the North East, with some travel to our depot in Blackburn - therefore there is flexibility on base location and we welcome applications from candidates based in or around Blackburn and the North East of England.
The Project Manager will provide a first class service and deliver against the department plan. The role will be responsible and accountable for the delivery of high voltage and low voltage electrical maintenance and construction projects on private and distribution networks, ensuring a high level of customer service and keeping in accordance with HSE legislation and Electricity North West safe working practices.
The successful candidate will provide professional/technical direction and input to designated projects. You will play a pivotal role in delivering specialist projects and will have a committed and flexible ‘can do’ attitude to undertaking a multi-functional project management role to successfully deliver a variety of Electrical / Controls / SCADA / Telemetry related schemes.
You will be responsible for managing our Customers in terms of communication, relationship, variations, progress reporting and technical advice ensuring our Customer is delighted in everything we do. You will take ownership of and proactively seek resolution of all issues associated with work on the Customer’s distribution network including optioneering, discussions and negotiations with the Customer.
A full role profile is available from email@example.com
What we are looking for
- A minimum of an HNC level qualification (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or another relevant discipline;
- An experienced Project Manager;
- Significant engineering knowledge within the electricity distribution industry; Knowledge of HV electrical systems, components, plant and equipment and protection;
- Knowledge and an appreciation of HV construction procedures;
- Strong experience of SCADA/Telemetry system experience;
- Commercial awareness;
- Experience in controlling costs and contract variations;
- Proven experience in controlling commercial contract variations and project costs;
- Experience of managing and developing delivery teams;
- Previous experience in the management of sub-contractors performance and charges;
- A full, valid UK driving licence.
If you are successfully offered a role with us, we will require additional information in order to complete a number of pre-employment checks before the offer can become unconditional. Any unconditional offer of employment with Electricity North West is subject to satisfactory checks and, depending on the role may include a DBS, credit check and/or other high level security checks.