£41,500 per annum
The Royal Opera House continues to lead the way in opera, ballet, music and dance both live on stage and through multiple digital platforms, from live streaming to worldwide cinema screenings. The Technology Services and Infrastructure team works to provide a service to all departments across the Royal Opera House Group, who depend on a variety of essential technology services every day.
We are now looking for an Infrastructure and Network Engineer to join the Technology Services and Infrastructure team, to deliver a high level of service reliability for network and security maintenance. In this role, you will work across a range of technology, including on-premise servers and cloud based infrastructure. Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, you will contribute as part of a team, and work on technology improvement projects as well as service monitoring and resolution of escalated issues. This role also undertakes on call duties to provide support by phone, working to a shared rota. This is a very good opportunity if you are interested to further your career as part of a technology infrastructure team.
The ideal candidate will be a team player with these qualities:
- Demonstrated experience supporting a Windows enterprise with cloud-based solutions and extensive experience of routing and switching, particularly with Cisco, Dell and HP products
- Strong working knowledge of the most relevant network protocols used in an IT infrastructure such DHCP, DNS, SNMP, Radius, LDAP, IPSec, 802.1x, etc.
- Good working knowledge of Linux servers (especially Ubuntu and CentOS), Windows servers (Windows 2012 R2 and later versions) and Active Directory
- Good knowledge of Spanning Tree technologies, VLAN design and implementation and widely used Routing protocols such as BGP/OSPF is desirable
- Good knowledge of ITIL, and the ability to consider the user-needs and customer centricity of all development work
- Commitment to managing own learning and continuous professional development relevant to the role
The Royal Opera House is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive. We welcome applications from those who are currently under represented in our workforce -in particular those who are ethnically diverse and/or disabled. As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential minimum criteria for our vacancies.
A full job description and details of how to apply are available on our website www.roh.org.uk or from the Human Resources Department, email: email@example.com and you can also contact us if you have any access needs for making an application.
Closing Date for applications: 8.00 am, Tuesday 20 April 2021
Applicants must have work authorisation for the UK