MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
You’ll work in a multi-disciplinary team delivering a cutting-edge, new system for an Anglo-French programme. Your role will include leading work packages in system design, integration, testing, and qualification of innovative radio-frequency sub-systems for air platforms. The work will mostly involve RF and Data Links systems, so we need you to have an understanding of communications technologies.
This is an excellent opportunity to work on incredibly complex and exciting systems, and work directly with our partners (when things return to normal, this is also likely to include occasional European travel). The work you do will have a direct impact on future MBDA programmes, as there is a real opportunity to bring new technology and lessons learned into future programmes supporting the UK MoD.
While the Anglo-French programme is the immediate focus for you in this role, you’ll also be supporting other programmes across land, sea, and air at various stages of development.
What we’re looking for
- Systems Engineering experience across the full engineering life cycle
- Proven experience of managing work packages autonomously including coordinating people resources
- Understanding of communications technologies
- While not essential, it would be beneficial if you had prior experience in data links, RF, and the wider missile/ defence industry
Here’s what’s in it for you
- Become a Design Authority for the Platform Data Link Terminal on an exciting new development programme, delivering a real capability upgrade
- Support research and development into the data links product line for the future
- Opportunity for international travel (when the restrictions eventually allow it!)
Join a great team!
We’re a small team, but one that is well-established, highly regarded, and extremely motivated to deliver. You’ll have direct interaction with a range of other functions on this and other MBDA programmes.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.