FPGA’s are a crucial element in many of our subsystems and our FPGA designers play a key role in successful product development. MBDA has a wide product portfolio needing FPGA designs, including Seekers, Actuators, Datalinks, Telemetry Units, Launchers and Test Equipment.
You will work in technology areas that include image processing, signal processing, embedded processors, safety and security to name but a few.
As a leading edge technology company, we need to maintain a diverse skill set, which offers great opportunity for individual growth and diversity. The work is challenging but incredibly rewarding. What are we looking for?
What’s in it for you?
- Ideally we are looking for candidates that are degree qualified (or equivalent) with significant experience.
- Competent VHDL skills.
- Competent verification skills where SystemVerilog would be an advantage, but not mandated.
- Candidates will need to demonstrate a proven track record of designing for Xilinx, Intel or Microsemi devices and mastery of associated tool chains.
- An agile team player with good verbal and written communication skills capable of operating in a multi-disciplinary team
- Candidates with a desire to deliver and an eagerness to learn and develop.
- Candidates with an ability to technically lead small teams would be an advantage, but not mandated.
What would you get?
- An opportunity to tackle technically demanding projects, develop new skills
- Opportunity to show that you share our key values of Innovation, Commitment, Integrity, Passion and Team Spirit
- Join a team full of desire and ambition to be the best we can.
- You will be part of a successful team working at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative concepts for future products
- You will be involved in the design, development and proving of key MBDA products throughout the product lifecycle from concept to in service support.
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
What's Great About the Team?
- Architecture and Requirement definition. Working with hardware and system engineers to define the FPGA needs.
- Design implementation and test.
- Prepare and efficiently maintain design and test documentation.
- Peer review support. Through sharing with others we grow as a team.
- Integration support. Working with systems, software and hardware engineers to ensure product performance. It only works when it works together.
- Preparing the future. Working on research topics to secure the technology of the future.
- The FPGA team is a collocated team of focussed and skilled individuals who strive to deliver to the highest possible standards; enjoying the exchange of knowledge and ideas in order to continuously improve themselves, both as individuals and as a collective.
- The team is constantly stretching the boundaries of the technology in response to ever-growing demands for higher capability within our missile systems. We must also be agile in response to changing project demands, often needing to deliver specific features in support of key activities such as trials.
- The FPGA team is a group of dedicated and adaptable engineers who rise to challenges and take great pride in what they do.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.