A unique opportunity has arisen which requires the specialist skills and knowledge of somebody with experience as a ‘hands on engineer’ to work as a Field Support Engineer for MBDA’s range of Maritime weapon systems. Experience of working within the naval domain would be an advantage.
What are we looking for?
- You need to be a practical ‘hands on’ engineer willing to work with the Missile System Designers, the MOD and the Royal Navy.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills as you will need to be able to work with a variety of different types of people and while maintaining a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, even when things are changed at the last minute.
- Sound knowledge of the MOD structure and engineering processes whilst keeping yourself up to date in the relevant technical areas.
- Be flexible and adaptable in your work, with the capacity to gain competencies in (and support) multiple products.
- Deliver, or assist in the delivery of Field Support to the highest quality, on time and on cost including responding to respond to technical queries from the Customer.
- Provide Support to Design, Trials or Individual Projects when required and liaise with product suppliers in support of Field Support activities.
- Maintain personal and Technical reports and records of all Field Support activities, to a high standard.
- You may be required to lead a Contractor’s Working Party, at the Customer’s location, in the UK and overseas, within the scope of Company Approval.
- Having experience and a working knowledge of the Naval Air Defence environment and experience of working with a Trials Team would be beneficial.
- Be able to mentor other, more junior, staff as appropriate.
- As you will be joining an established team, you will quickly need to add value.
What’s in it for you?
- This opportunity is an influential and a relatively autonomous job where the successful applicant could have an impact on the way that our Weapon Systems are managed and maintained.
- The successful applicant would act as an ambassador for the CSS UK Field Support Team and can help develop both the team and the corporate capability while having significant exposure senior management and leadership within MBDA and the MOD.
- This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the MOD and to gain a strong working knowledge of the customer environment culture, structure and processes.
- The role will also require liaison with many communities within the naval domain thus offering an abundance of variety.
What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
- You will work as part of the Field Support Team for our Maritime based weapon systems, providing support to the customer at various locations as required within the scope of your Company Approval.
- Work as a Field Support Engineer within a Contractor’s Working Party, at the Customer’s location, in the UK or overseas, within the scope of Company Approval.
- Respond to Technical Queries from the Customer in a reasonable and timely manner
- Initiate and implement process and technology improvements to deliver Continuous Improvements in MBDA Quality and product availability.
- Ensure all necessary tools and equipment are available for use or perform timely replacement and or calibration to secure minimal disruption.
- Assist other organisations with information and technical support regarding Company Products during Support, Installation and Commissioning activities, at the Customer’s location.
- Be sensitive and appropriately responsive to the UK and any Export customer’s local culture, behaviour and requirements.
What’s great about the team?
- The CSS UK Field Support Team is currently populated by a variety of experienced, technically capable engineers, at numerous locations within the UK and overseas.
- The current team has a mix of personnel, many of whom served in the Armed Forces and bring a wealth of knowledge and experience.
- You will be joining a dynamic, focussed team responsible for the provision of Field Support tasks as required by the customer.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news by following our MBDA LinkedIn Company page.