About the role:
We are looking for a Principal FPGA Engineer to join our engineering team developing the next generation of Cyber Security and Electronic Warfare products. You will be an integral part of a team involved in the research, design, development and verification of complete systems to deliver products and capability to our customers.
- You will have been involved with all phases of the FPGA development lifecycle, from initial architecture design, requirements specification, and design documentation through to code development, formal verification and final integration
- You will have guided functional teams, ensuring technical product delivery
- You will be able to communicate effectively with other team members, (including hardware, software, PCB and mechanical designers) to agree interface specifications and progress integration solutions
- Flexibility is essential as specifications may not be fully defined at the start of development, and liaison with system architects and project leadership for continued feedback and development of requirements is likely throughout a design activity
- You will be comfortable sharing your expertise with colleagues through training and/or coaching.
- VHDL skills, particularly targeting Xilinx and Altera FPGA and System on a Chip devices
- VHDL-based design, implementation and verification experience using self-checking functional verification
- Experience of FPGA simulation and verification using Mentor Graphics QuestaSim
- Experience with Xilinx Vivado/PlanAhead and Intel/Altera Quartus Prime tools
- Digital design including interfacing to hardware, peripherals and processors
- Experience with modern, team-based version control systems
- Experience of achieving robust timing closure in complex FPGA devices (desirable)
- Experience with AXI interface standards (desirable)
- Ability to work with/develop timing constraints (desirable)
- Ability to develop and maintain scripted build flows (TCL/ Python/Makefile) (desirable)
- Experience of working in the Defence sector (desirable)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.