Role - Senior Auditor
Location - Reading area
Package - £42,650.00-£67,400.00 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available.
You will be required to Lead and conduct internal audits in accordance with the agreed audit programme and business requirements.
You will be required to:
- Lead assigned audits within the agreed audit programme.
- Lead and support development of initiatives aligned with the audit strategy.
- Gain agreement to audit findings and follow-up of audit issues and actions in collaboration with stakeholders.
Areas of responsibility:
- You will Deliver assigned audits within the agreed One-Audit Programme to time and quality.
- Lead and support the implementation of internal and external best practice, including identifying and developing improvements to the end-to-end audit process.
- Participate in the development of other team members through coaching and mentoring.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification (or working towards) and/or experience.
- Focuses audit reviews and outcomes on key business issues.
- Maintains current knowledge of corporate governance approaches and ways of managing common risks to underpin prioritisation of audit activities.
- Knowledge and application of modern audit and risk management techniques.
- Used appropriate audit techniques to address specific focus of individual audit & consultancy assignments.
- Worked with other assurance providers to support delivery of corporate objectives.
- Track record of meeting delivery targets and sustained performance.
- Gaining commitment from senior management to implement recommendations.
Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role at AWE.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and people with disabilities