Are you an experienced Linux engineer who wants to join a leading cyber team within an evolving and dynamic organisation?
Due to the success of a number of strategic Cyber & Intelligence programmes, we are growing our team with creative and ambitious Linux engineers. With a primary focus on building and supporting large scale Linux deployments, your experience will cover a variety of technologies, working closely with development teams to understand complex problem sets and apply your skills to solve them.
Different thinking for a Different world
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to government and commercial customers worldwide. In Northrop Grumman’s rapidly growing UK Cyber and Intelligence business, we support our customers’ work to make the UK the safest place to live and do business, both physically and online.
Working with and alongside our customers, we use modern engineering methods (DevSecOps, Site Reliability Engineering, Scaled Agile & Infrastructure as Code) and cutting edge techniques (Data Science & Machine Learning) to tackle complex and challenging problems, delivering cost effective, reliable, scalable solutions.
We carry out research and innovation locally in the UK, with commercial and academic partners, and across our 85,000+ worldwide workforce.
How you will make a difference
For us, innovation is key and we have immediate opportunities for talented Linux engineers to join our team. We want you to help us apply DevOps and Infrastructure as Code techniques to transform the way our customers do business. We are in a phase of rapid growth and there are opportunities to develop your career with us to meet your aspirations.
As a Lead Linux Systems Engineer you will be expected to take a lead role in all aspects of the System Development Lifecycle. Working in agile feature delivery teams with Software Developers, Test Engineers and other specialist, to design, build, deliver and support critical customer systems using the latest techniques and technologies. Developing cross discipline skillsets that will enable you to work more efficiently and succeed in taking on complex challenges.
Key Technical Skills…
- 5+ years’ experience of designing, deploying and administering Linux or Unix based solutions, using virtualisation, containerisation, Infrastructure as Code and DevOps tools, techniques & procedures.
- Certified to RHCE equivalent level in one of the appropriate Linux certification bodies, for example GIAC, LPI, Oracle, RedHat or The Linux Foundation;
- Experience of designing, deploying & troubleshooting IPv4 Networking, including Subnetting, OSPF Routing, VLANs and VPNs;
- Experience of automating tasks using Ansible, Bash, PowerShell, Puppet or Python;
- Experience of administering Virtualised or Containerised systems in VMWare or Docker;
- Experience of working within complex or high security environments.
- Experience of configuring IPv4 routers and firewalls;
- Experience of designing, building & maintaining VMWare ESXi clusters;
- Experience of using Git or Subversion for configuration control;
- Experience of using centralised configuration management services such as Ansible or Puppet;
- Experience of using Public Cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure;
- Experience of using agile collaboration tooling, such as Jira and Confluence;
- Knowledge of Scrum or SAFE based Agile Delivery;
- Knowledge of ITIL based Service Management delivery.
Additional information for your consideration...
- You must hold UK Government clearances
- Opportunities exist across the UK to enhance your career progression
- Looking for flexibility? Speak to us at application stage to see what is possible
Being a part of Northrop Grumman gives you the opportunity to use your skills to make a difference in our mission of enabling global security. Our company grows because of our employees' dedication and commitment to achieving our mission, something we always remember. In return for working for us you will have access to a benefits package that provides you with flexibility to balance your professional career with your personal life, health & well-being benefits, discount schemes, pension benefits and investment in your future development.
We are committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status, including race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.