Are you a Subcontractor Lead who has experience of Contract/Subcontract or Procurement administration?
We are looking for a talented individual to be responsible for the management, administration and development of supply chain relationships and agreements. Looking at current and emerging tasking in order to ensure commercial and financial interests of the company are optimized and to ensure that all supply chain obligations are fulfilled.
Different thinking for a Different world
Northrop Grumman is involved in a range of future game-changing defence and security programmes. Whether this is as a partner in the F-35 Lightning II providing the aircraft with much of its situational awareness and communications, as a leading specialist in large intelligence datasets, as a pre-eminent provider of High Altitude Long Endurance unmanned aircraft systems, or as the ‘go to’ provider for truly open system architectures for battlespace networks, communications, and command and control, Northrop Grumman has an unparalleled reputation as an innovator.
How you will make a difference
- Reporting into the NGUKL Commercial Manager, working as directed by that position
- Responsible for daily operations of a GSC team or business unit (direct supervision of the staff, assignment of work, provides direction to team using established policies and procedures, schedules and day to day workflow)
- Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts
- Broad responsibility for all aspects of supplier contract performance
- Administration of the commercial, financial and coordinate the management of allocated suppliers
- Develop, review and assess new requirements and any new suppliers that may be required to fulfill the organisations obligations
- Ensure that subcontractor obligations are fulfilled throughout the performance period
- Ensuring compliance for the Global Supply Chain Department and the wider project team with the Global Supply Chain processes and procedures
- Develop close working relationships with all departments within the project team
- Review and develop any supplier agreements, to ensure that terms and conditions are consistent with those at the customer level
- Minimise the risk exposure for the project through professional management of the supply chain
- Support company cash management objectives and ensure the company’s commercial exposure is minimized
- Export Control Administration
- Establish and determine commitments are fair and reasonable in accordance with Regulations and internal Policies and Procedures
- Management of changes to agreements for organisations within the Global Supply Chain
- Responsibilities subject to change with agreement and business requirements
- Managing subcontractors effort in supporting Prime Contractor Bids, at all times assuring compliance with corporate supply chain governance
- Negotiation of subcontracts with the suppliers.
- Experience of Contract/Subcontract or Procurement administration
- Excellent and proven administrative skills
- Ability to coordinate and negotiate contract change
- Ability to administer the end-to-end RFP process in accordance with company procedures
- Ability to coordinate and manage contract change
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally on all commercial matters
- Numeracy skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility and demonstrated ability to achieve demanding deadlines
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office tools
- Experience of UK export Control and US International Trade in Arms legislation would also be an advantage.
- Applicants will be subject to security clearances
- Experience within an aerospace/logistics environment or contracting with the UK Ministry of Defence would be advantageous,
- Degree/CIPS/A Levels/ONC or similar qualifications and/or relevant experience preferably in business related subjects, Contracts Law or Law
- Formal Contracting and/or Procurement based qualifications would be advantageous
- Looking for flexibility? Talk to us at the application stage about what may be possible.
- Clearance requirements: The post-holder must be able hold and maintain UK Government clearances