Are you a Test Engineer who wants to join a leading team within an evolving and dynamic organisation?
Due to a number of recent successes, we are growing our test engineering team with creative and ambitious engineers. Working within an Agile environment, our test team has a focus on Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), Test Driven Development (TDD) and Test Automation to help provide multi-domain Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions for our customers internationally.
Different thinking for a Different world
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to government and commercial customers worldwide. In Northrop Grumman’s UK Command and Control business, we assist our customers by providing C4ISR solutions that support critical decision making in highly dynamic and complex environments.
We use modern engineering methods (Service Oriented and Web Oriented Architectures, DevSecOps, Agile Development) and embrace cutting edge techniques (modelling and simulation, data science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning) to tackle complex and challenging problems and deliver cost effective, reliable, supportable solutions.
We carry out research and innovation locally in the UK, with commercial and academic partners, and across our 85,000+ worldwide workforce.
How you will make a difference
As a Senior Test Automation Engineer you will play a key role in designing and building automated test solutions for technically challenging and complex systems, ensuring they are thoroughly tested and fit for purpose through the application of both traditional and cutting edge testing techniques.
The role will require knowledge/experience of automated test tools and frameworks and ability to assist in the maintenance of testing environments in a fast-paced and dynamic multi-disciplined environment.
- Deliver Test capability to support mission critical solutions
- Translate business and technical requirements into comprehensive testable scenarios
- Define and execute test activities either independently or within a team
- Identify opportunities to transition tests to appropriate automated test solutions
- Identify gaps and opportunity to improve Test capability to ensure coverage efficiency
- Identify Testing solutions to reduce software time-to-market
- Assist with the identification of new tools and methodologies to be utilised for testing
- A strong teammate, you will work in multiple environments as part of a collaborative and multi-functional team
Key criteria required:
- Experience in either Software Development, Integration, or Testing roles
- Experience with Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) or Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience of Agile Development, Test-Driven Development, and DevOps techniques and their differences
- Experience in Automation Testing frameworks such as Selenium, Cucumber.
- Experience with Continuous Integration Technologies such as Jenkins, Terraform, Ansiblle.
- Experience with Software Configuration Management tools such as Bitbucket, Git.
- Track record for delivering quality Test solutions in a fast-paced dynamic Engineering environment
- Self-motivated and able to inspire others in test best practice, focused on Quality outcomes
- Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, analytical, planning and written/verbal communication skills
- Aptitude to learn new technologies quickly
Also, we’d love it if you have experience of:
- ISTQB Certified Tester, Foundational Level
- iSQI Certified Agile Tester (CAT)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, Bash
- Experience with test management tools such as TM4J, Zephyr
- Experience with Defect Tracking tools such as Jira, Rally
- Experienced in authoring and reviewing comprehensive Test documentation
- Experience in both Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience in Performance testing
You will enjoy a growing career as we work collaboratively to innovate the world of security.
Additional information for your consideration:
- You must be able obtain and hold UK Government clearances
- Looking for flexibility? Speak to us at application stage to see what is possible.
- Opportunities exist across the UK to enhance your career progression
Being a part of Northrop Grumman gives you the opportunity to use your skills to make a difference in our mission of enabling global security. Our company grows because of our employees' dedication and commitment to achieving our mission, something we always remember. In return for working for us you will have access to a benefits package that provides you with flexibility to balance your professional career with your personal life, health & well-being benefits, discount schemes, pension benefits and investment in your future development.