A great opportunity has arisen for a motivated and technically capable individual to join the Systems Design Airborne Systems (SDAS) team. This role offers a significant opportunity to lead the integration of a critical capability into the UK MoD and support the development of a key element of the future MBDA product portfolio.
What are we looking for?
Ideally educated to degree level or an equivalent qualification in an engineering subject area. The PIL will need to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge and experience of product development programs
- Experience of work package management delivery
- Knowledge of systems engineering, product design, programme management, air-platform integration, environmental clearance, certification, firing trials
- Proactive strategic thinker with enthusiasm, positivity and drive.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Team leadership skills with ability to lead/facilitate multi-disciplined teams to deliver.
What’s in it for you?
The Platform Integration Lead will be crucial to the delivery of a key capability to the UK armed forces.
Within this role, you will be ideally positioned to significantly develop your technical competencies and the forging of strong working relationships with multiple internal and international partners. The candidate will be working on a fast paced, exciting programme that offers the opportunity to work with a number of technological firsts that will form a key element of the future MBDA product portfolio.
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
The Platform Integration Lead (PIL) will be responsible for the technical development and delivery of the weapon integration activity onto the designated aircraft.
The PIL will act as the primary technical interface with Platform Design Organisations, working with multiple partners internally within MBDA and externally across industry, UK MoD and UK airworthiness authorities to ensure the objectives of the integration programme are achieved
Join a great team!
- The SDAS integration team play a key part in enabling access to defence platforms – enabling the use of MBDA products by our armed forces and ensuring the future success of the company. Furthermore, with the ever increasing complexity of the modern weapon system, the ability of MBDA to unlock the true capability of our products for the user against ever an challenging political and economic back drop means that the role of the SDAS team has never been more important.
- You will be joining a motivated and focused project team, where communication and the ethos to share information is key. Additionally, the successful candidate will be placed at the forefront of the weapon development where they will be required to work closely with a number of enthusiastic and multi-disciplined internal and international teams across industry and government groups.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or reasonable adjustments.
We encourage applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.