An opportunity has arisen to join the Bristol based Process and Methods team within the Systems Engineering and Design Capability department. The role will involve supporting projects in their use of current and emerging systems engineering processes, methods and tools, whilst concurrently being actively involved in developing and promoting best practice usage to improve efficiency and consistency across UK projects.
What are we looking for?
- Systems Engineer with understanding of state of the art Systems Engineering methods and their application in the systems engineering domain i.e. experience of lifecycle issues on major projects. Specifically Model-based methods and approaches.
- Capable of working autonomously and proactively, able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently.
- Excellent communication and good problem solving skills are essential.
- Up to date knowledge of issues in relevant specialist area(s) e.g. mechanical, electrical, software, Integrated Logistic Support (ILS), Human Factors (HF), control and analysis, with experience of representing them within an architecture.
- Appropriate degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject area, plus a number of years relevant experience (not including initial graduate training or the equivalent if an external recruit).
You will get!
- A role in the Systems Engineering and Design Capability department, giving you an excellent breadth in the best practice application of systems engineering process, methods and tools (including DOORS, Rhapsody and the ALM toolset). This provides great experience and depth of systems engineering competencies to prepare you for more senior future roles in the wider MBDA engineering environment.
- Placed at the forefront of development of new engineering approaches such as product line engineering, model based engineering (building on the established practices of model based systems engineering) and feature based development, as well as expertise in the deployment of the hugely powerful ALM tool environment.
- The opportunity to shape and direct the direction of systems engineering in MBDA UK, working in both an MBDA Group international environment and beyond the MBDA business boundary by looking to exploit emerging techniques from wider Industry and INCOSE.
What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
- Providing education, training and consultancy style support to key projects, tailored to project needs to ensure maximum project benefit is obtained from best practice use.
- Assessing core Systems Engineering techniques and developing/delivering process improvement and behavioral change to teams.
- Supporting implementation of international alignment on Systems Engineering knowledge and expertise.
- Ability to understand and implement MBSE (Model Based Systems Engineering) concepts into practicing projects.
- Ensuring consideration of a full lifecycle approach to the design of systems into project teams.
- Keeping up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services.
Join a great team!
- You'll be joining a team of experienced engineers that are passionate about supporting UK projects.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.