A Commissioning Engineer is required, to Provide due governance and management to meet specifications and acceptance criteria, within the QMS and Project Delivery processes and procedures, whilst organising and managing commissioning activities.
You will be acting as a Commissioning Manager on projects or task-based activities when required in support of the CASD Programme and the company's strategic goals.
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary - Base salary plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional flexible benefits scheme and excellent work/life balance including 9 day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available.
You will be required to:
- Manage the interface between AWE and Contractors
- Manage the commissioning of all systems that fall outside contractor's specifications within the project scope
- To stand in for the Commissioning Manager as required
- Organise and lead the Test and Commissioning Panel when requested by the Commissioning Manager
- Prepare the Commissioning Strategy, Commissioning Assessment documents, Programme and Plan
- Write commissioning procedures or manage their content, production and approval commensurate with the appropriate Quality Control Grading
- Manage the commissioning through organisation of meetings, tests, demonstrations, training events, and performance verifications
- Ensure commissioning procedures are followed and signed off with full and accurate records of the test results
To be successful in this role you should have the following:
- Hold an appropriate qualification in a relevant engineering discipline; ONC/HNC/HND or equivalent
- Understanding of Design Engineering, Construction and Handover
- Able to organise and execute complex commissioning tests and analyse results
- Have a good understanding of Health and Safety
- Good communication skills
- Ability to Chair a Test and Commissioning Panel
- People and process management skills
- Needs a good understanding of HSAWA, CDM, risk assessments
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.