An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual with specialist skills and knowledge of Technical Publication project management and generation, to lead a small team for a complex portfolio of MBDA’s products across the Air domain.
What are we looking for?
- An Author experienced in the technical publication process to lead a small team and actively participate from initial planning through to development, status tracking and delivery of technical publication projects to MBDA’s customers both domestic and export. Theoretical and practical knowledge/experience of MBDA products and support products would be an advantage but not essential.
- You will need to actively assist in the technical publication development process, authoring, the associated reports, quality reviews and eventual delivery to the highest quality, on time and on cost. Defining S1000D based project supporting documentation – assist in BREX (Business Rules Exchange), Guidance Document, CSDB (Common Source Data Base) setup.
- Liaise with product suppliers in support of technical publication technologies whilst maintaining personal and technical reports, records etc. of all technical publication activities to a high standard.
What’s in it for you?
- You can help create and lead our project vision to make a mark on how MBDA’s technical documentation is planned, developed and delivered.
- The successful applicant would act as an ambassador for Technical Publications in the Air domain and can help develop both the team and the corporate capability.
- An outstanding opportunity to work with the MoD and a wide variety of internal and external partners with excellent exposure to senior management and leadership within both organisations.
- An excellent opportunity to gain a strong knowledge of the customer environment, culture, structure and processes. Travel to UK and overseas customer locations, although infrequent will be part of the role as well as trips to the MBDA France and Italy offices.
You will get!
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
- Responsible for up to 10 Technical Publications Staff, including their performance, development, daily administration & support, workload, engagement and skills competence.
- Where required, support the Technical Publications Manager generate cost and scope estimates for future work and recruitment and on-boarding of new starters.
- Ownership for the successful delivery of Technical Publications work packages up to £1m in value, with up to 6 packages managed concurrently. Activities include:
- Maintain Technical Publications work packages EAC. Maintain Technical Publications work packages P6 plan in collaboration with B&P/Project control and monitor project tech pubs development progress through standardised tracker.
- Manage Technical Publications work package risk registers in coordination with main project.
- Ensure the Technical Publications prepared are of exceptional quality, exceeding customer expectations whilst ensuring the Technical Publications include a consistent look and feel across multiple MBDA products.
- Ensure timely delivery of the Technical Publications to internal customers, external customers and end users.
- Provide Monthly feedback and updates to the Technical Publications manager on project status, risks, dependencies and successes.
- Driving synergies into structure of IETPs across product range to reduce through life cost.
Join a great Team!
- The Technical Publications department is currently populated by a variety of passionate, experienced and technically capable Authors and Illustrators.
- The current team has a mix of personnel, ranging from Apprentice up to team members who have served in the Armed Forces. They bring a wealth of passion, knowledge and customer experience across the MBDA product Range.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.