An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Training Instructor to Lead a small team to work on MBDA’s Air domain missile products. A working knowledge of the MoD / Engineering Industry instructional techniques would be an advantage but not a requirement, as would the ability to assist in the delivery of field support engineering activities to the customer.
What are we looking for?
- We are looking for an Air Domain Instructor to lead a small team in the analysis, development and delivery of training courses for Operator and Maintainer students, the supporting media such as slide packs or supporting storyboards for Computer Based Training (CBT). To actively help with development of the training package, the associated reports and eventual delivery of MBDA product training to the highest quality, on time and on cost.
- Substantial armed forces training experience, Defence Instructional Techniques (DIT) or other engineering training experience in lieu. An instructor qualification, defence or civilian equivalent is desirable coupled with experience of working within a Training Team environment.
- Appreciation and practical experience of Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT), Training Needs Analysis (TNA) principles and methodology and JSP822.
What’s in it for you!
- You can build and lead their training vision through their team and make a mark on how MBDA’s Air Product training is utilised.
- The successful applicant would act as an ambassador for Training and can help develop both the team and the corporate capability.
- The role will require liaison with many Air Domain and Training communities both domestic and foreign thus offering plenty of variety.
- An outstanding opportunity to work with the MoD and a wide variety of internal and external partners with excellent exposure to senior management and leadership within both organisations.
What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
- Responsible for up to 10 trainers, including their performance, development, daily administration & support, workload, engagement and skills competence and where required, support the Training & Technical Publications Manager in recruitment and on boarding of new starters.
- Support the Training & Technical Publications Manager generate cost, scope estimates for future work and manage the package risk registers whilst coordinating with Training Management Team to establish and prosecute roadmap for generation of a world-class training function and capability.
- Take ownership for the project management and successful delivery of Maintainer and Operator training work packages up to £1m in value, with up to 10 packages running concurrently on challenging programmes.
- Provide Training Needs Analysis (TNA) or interpret previously delivered TNA and design the training course from it, subsequently support the course delivery instruction of Maintainer and/or Operator theoretical and practical training courses on MBDA’s Air Launched products on time, on cost and on quality.
- Coordinating with international End Users and MOD/DOD customers to design, deliver and optimise training such that it delivers its training objectives and results in increased customer satisfaction.
- Recognizing differing armed forces organisational setups and responsibilities compared to home markets, and adapting our customer engagement, training methodology and validation methods accordingly.
- Identifying training growth opportunities across home and abroad markets and working with SBD to propose, cost, prosecute and win opportunities to grow MBDA revenue, whilst optimizing customer satisfaction and MBDA reputation.
- Work with Tier 1 system integration training communities to ensure end users receive integrated and coordinated training packages.
Join a great team!
- The Training department is populated by a variety of passionate, dedicated and technically capable Engineering and Operator Instructors located within the UK and overseas.
- The current team has a mix of personnel, many of whom served in the Armed Forces and bring a wealth of passion, knowledge and end user customer experience across the MBDA product Range.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role