An opportunity has arisen for a Training Instructor to Lead a small team to work on MBDA’s Complex Systems Land and Naval domain missile products.
We are looking for:
- A Complex Systems Domain Instructor to lead a small team in the analysis, development and delivery of training courses for Operator and Maintainer students, the supporting media such as slide packs or supporting storyboards for Computer Based Training (CBT). To actively help with development of the training package, the associated reports and eventual delivery of MBDA product training to the highest quality, on time and on cost.
- Substantial armed forces training experience, Defence Instructional Techniques (DIT) or other engineering training experience in lieu. An instructor qualification, defence or civilian equivalent is desirable coupled with experience of working within a Training Team environment.
- Appreciation and practical experience of Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT), Training Needs Analysis (TNA) principles and methodology and JSP822.
- Experience developing and delivering training to external customers.
- Appreciation of the complexities of operating within a systems of systems model.
What’s in it for you?
- You can build and lead their training vision through their team and make a mark on how MBDA’s Complex Systems Product training is utilised.
- The successful applicant would act as an ambassador for Training and can help develop both the team and the corporate capability.
- The role will require liaison with many Complex Systems Land and Naval Domain and Training communities both domestic and foreign thus offering plenty of variety. Training working group participation and Technology Development Workshops offer exciting opportunities to diversify the training methods and impact on department improvements.
- An outstanding opportunity to work with the MoD and a wide variety of internal and external partners with excellent exposure to senior management and leadership within both organisations.
- An excellent opportunity to gain a strong knowledge of the customer environment, culture, structure and processes.
What you get!
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
- Responsible for up to 10 trainers, including their performance, development, daily administration & support, workload, engagement and skills competence and where required, support the Training & Technical Publications Manager in recruitment and on boarding of new starters.
- Where required, support the Training & Technical Publications Manager generate cost, scope estimates for future work and manage the package risk registers whilst coordinating with Training Management Team to establish and prosecute roadmap for generation of a world-class training function and capability.
- You will take ownership for the project management and successful delivery of Maintainer and Operator training work packages up to £1m in value, with up to 10 packages managed concurrently on challenging programmes. You will be required to provide Training Needs Analysis (TNA) or interpret previously delivered TNA and design the training course from it, subsequently support the course delivery instruction of Maintainer and/or Operator theoretical and practical training courses on MBDA’s Complex Systems products on time, on cost and on quality.
- Participate in developing, maintaining and modifying MBDA product training and engineering processes and procedures (where applicable) in assigned areas in response to technical developments and identified operational need. These will take into account future product updates and assist in the Continuous Improvements in MBDA Product Training Delivery.
- Lead Product Training and customer support activities for MBDA products at MBDA sites or in the field and at Customer depots/workshops as necessary. One of the most challenging and enjoyable aspects of CSS Product training is the diverse and varying amount of products that we support.
- Coordinating with international End Users and MOD/DOD customers to design, deliver and optimise training such that it delivers its training objectives and results in increased customer satisfaction.
- Identifying training growth opportunities across home and abroad markets and working with SBD to propose, cost, prosecute and win opportunities to grow MBDA revenue, whilst optimizing customer satisfaction and MBDA reputation.
- Work with Tier 1 system integration training communities to ensure end users receive integrated and coordinated training packages.
- Ensure support infrastructure and facilities compliment a world-class training experience for customers whilst the Training material courseware prepared is of exceptional quality, exceeding customer expectations and ensure the Training material represents a consistent look and feel across multiple MBDA products.
Join a great team!
- The Training department is populated by a variety of passionate, dedicated and technically capable Engineering and Operator Instructors located within the UK and overseas.
- The current team has a mix of personnel, many of whom served in the Armed Forces and bring a wealth of passion, knowledge and end user customer experience.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).