MBDA is looking for a Training Technology & Assurance Lead to work on MBDA’s Training Technology and the associated Assurance for all missile and missile system products.
What are we looking for?
- Someone to lead a small team in the analysis, development and delivery of training technologies for Operator and Maintainer students, the supporting media such as Computer Based Training (CBT), Virtual Reality (VR) / Augmented Reality (AR) or the advancement of CAD model interactions.
- Substantial training technology experience, defence based or other engineering based training technology experience. An instructor qualification, defence or civilian equivalent is desirable coupled with experience of working within a Training Team environment.
- Knowledge and experience of different training technologies – part task trainers, emulators, simulators, computer based training, learning management systems, replica hardware.
- Responsible for ownership of training technology roadmap as part of MBDA’s digital transformation strategy, ensuring technologies align with customer requirements and market trends.
- Lead the make vs buy assessment process for training technologies, ensuring a high quality solution is developed in all cases.
- Manage key suppliers involved in developing and delivering training technologies, as key enablers to overall MBDA training strategies and solutions.
- An Appreciation and practical experience of Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT), Training Needs Analysis (TNA) principles and methodology and JSP822 would be an advantage.
- Appreciation of the complexities of operating within a systems of systems model
What’s in it for you?
- You can create and lead your training technology vision through your team and contracts and make a mark on how MBDA’s Product Training Technology is utilised.
- The role will require liaison with many Complex Systems Land, Air and Naval Domain training communities both domestic and foreign thus offering plenty of variety.
- An outstanding opportunity to work with the MoD and a wide variety of internal and external partners with excellent exposure to senior management and leadership within both organisations.
- An excellent opportunity to innovate, gain a strong knowledge of the customer environment, culture, structure and processes.
What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
- Responsible for up to 5 training technology staff, including their performance, development, daily administration & support, workload, engagement and skills competence and where required, support the Training & Technical Publications Manager in recruitment and on boarding of new starters.
- Support the Training & Technical Publications Manager generate cost, scope estimates for future work and manage the package risk registers whilst coordinating with Training Management Team to establish and prosecute roadmap for generation of a world-class training function and capability.
- Responsible for developing technology roadmaps, cost estimates, writing proposals, winning business and funding for the development of training technology and working with B&P and finance to generate business cases, ARC applications to secure business approval for technology investment. Work with Sales and Business Development (SBD) and finance to agree amortisation policies to ensure attractive commercial propositions for training technology.
- Coordinating with international End Users and MOD/DOD customers to design, deliver and optimise training technology such that it delivers its training objectives and results in increased customer satisfaction.
- Recognising differing armed forces organisational setups and responsibilities compared to home markets, and adapting our customer engagement, training methodology and validation methods accordingly.
- Lead the training department to establish and adhere to an overall training governance framework across all products and competencies, to ensure Trainers are Suitably Qualified, Experienced Personnel (SQEP), Trainers hold suitable Chief Engineer Training Manager approved stamps certification.
- Working with internal SMEs to supplement training in specialist topics to establish partnership training assurance programmes.
Join a great Team!
- The Training department is populated by a variety of passionate, committed and technically capable Training Technology, Engineering and Operator Instructors located within the UK and overseas.
- The current team has a mix of personnel from a variety of backgrounds. From industry expertise up to members who have served in the Armed Forces and all bring a wealth of passion and knowledge.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.