Salary: Up to £42,000 dependent on experience, plus bonus and benefitsThe Opportunity
Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA’s deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality.
This is an excellent opportunity to join UK Manufacturing as part of the live build team at Henlow in support of multi project customer deliveries.
This is an exciting time to be joining the UK Manufacturing team as it prepares for future business needs. This has resulted in many strategic developments including the building of a new production facility in Bolton.What are we looking for?
What would you get?
- The successful applicant should be educated to HNC/HND level and/or be able demonstrate significant manufacturing experience
- Proven man management and leadership experience
- Strong communication and motivational skills
- Ability to make difficult decisions
- Influencing skills
- Planning and organising skills
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
- You will be responsible for the management of a manufacturing team. You will organise, motivate and lead an integrated team to meet the relevant project programmes to time, cost and quality.
- Lead, develop and manage the team to deliver hardware of planned and budgeted standards to quality, time and cost.
- Manage day to day deployment of resources and facilities to achieve programme needs
- Conduct and support forward planning reviews
- Establish and maintain good housekeeping practices that will ensure a safe working environment that is consistent with all Health and Safety at Work and COSHH requirements.
- Contribute to the Defect Management Process including the completion of all functional audit commitments.
- Promote and maintain effective working relationships with the trade unions
- Proactive stimulation and contribution to continuous improvement activities in line with manufacturing best practice
- Identify operational risks and opportunities in line with project expectations.
- Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality. We pride ourselves in providing the ultimate application of Manufacturing expertise and capability throughout the entire lifecycle and supply chain of our product.
- We're passionate about our people and recognise that to continually exceed our clients' expectations and needs, Manufacturing UK require an intelligent and motivated team
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.