AWE are currently recruiting for a Utilities Operations Engineer
You will be responsible for the safe operation, maintenance and contractor works activities within the bounds of your appointed Network delivery area. You will hold Authorised Person appointments and undertake work activities within your appointed area. You will undertake shift working, duty on call, cross site working and overtime as required to meet the role within your designated Network area.
Location - Reading area
Package - AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available.
You will be required to:
- To maintain leadership and oversight of plant upkeep, personnel and operations within your area of responsibility.
- To have and to maintain an understanding of company strategies, policies and management arrangements.
- To undertake and to manage Authorised Persons Duties IAW relevant regulations and corporate standards.
- To deputise for the Operations Manager when requested and to act in the best interest of AWE.
- Issue and receive permits to work (e.g. - certificates of isolation, Sanction for test, limitation of access certificates, outage requests etc.) for staff and contractors as required.
- Prepare, assess, review and provide instruction against Safe Systems of Work for the Networks / Plant within boundaries of control.
- Undertake the role of Work Supervisory Officer within the boundaries of your area of control.
- Provide an input to setting annual objectives and self-monitor in readiness for regular reviews. To request a minimum of quarterly 1:1s.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
- To be capable of operating main boiler plant as may be required to undertake relevant training to enable competent operations.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Technician Apprenticeship.
- ONC with suitable additional experience.
- Delivery of Utilities engineering intelligence for relevant networks.
- Experience in utility / building service delivery over a large portfolio of buildings.
- Leading multi-disciplined groups in the delivery of engineering services across the life of an asset.