Electrical Engineer- Solihull
This is an electrical engineering position in the Mechanical and Electrical team in the Infrastructure Midlands Group providing design and project management services to internal and external clients. The team is involved in a wide range of projects across the electricity, gas and water utilities as well as the renewable energy and environmental sectors.
Our projects span feasibility, outline and concept design, construction support, project engineering and project management services supporting our clients across a number of areas:
- Water – water and wastewater treatment, pumping stations, reservoirs, water distribution
- Energy – offshore wind and electricity interconnectors, CHP and waste-to-energy
- Power – LV control and distribution
- Industrial Clients – small to medium scale power generation, steam generation and supporting services
Our Electrical Engineers apply their specialist skills to infrastructure projects across the globe. We offer our clients a broad spectrum of expertise and consulting services.
As Arup continues to focus on digital transformation, we combine digital and data-related capabilities with our traditional engineering and design strengths to help solve complex problems more efficiently and offer new ways of working in this digital age.
You'll provide support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients. Due to the multi-disciplinary nature of our design teams, you will have the opportunity to work alongside specialists.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Demonstrable experience working in an electrical engineering design capacity in the utility sector with a client organisation, consultant or contractor
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree (2:1 or above) in Electrical Engineering,
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering would be advantageous, although not essential
- On track to become chartered with the IET
- A good understanding of CAD and BIM
- Some experience with coding languages would be an advantage
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Office and demonstrate an ability to learn new software within a working environment that increasingly utilises 3D design and digital automation
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
- Enthusiasm for career development in electrical engineering in the utilities and associated sectors
This position will be based in our office in Solihull and will be integrated within a vertically aligned mechanical and electrical engineering skills base across other offices including Leeds and Cardiff.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Shape your time with us
Our goal is to shape a better world. And to do that, we need to make Arup a phenomenal place to work for everyone. If we want to solve problems for people around the world, we must seek and attract the best people from the widest talent pool and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. This includes people with disabilities, so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process with your recruitment contact.
At Arup, you’ll be a welcomed member of the team with opportunities to participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador) or by joining one of our staff networks for women, culture or LGBT+ people. You’ll have access to a range of flexible working options – whether you’re a parent, a carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle - we recognise it’s not always easy to commit to standard working hours so if you're interested in flexible working, please let us know when you apply, and we'll discuss how this could work in your role.
Join us in shaping a better world.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. You will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to sex, race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We recognise that not all disabilities are visible and will make reasonable adjustments to cater for diverse applicants in the selection and assessment process.
What happens next?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please apply online. All applications will be considered, and we will try our very best to respond to you within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Stay safe online - Arup will never ask for payment or your bank details as part of our recruitment process.