Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary - dependent on experience plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional benefits and an excellent work / life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We will consider candidates looking for full time or part time hours.
AWE has been named in the Sunday Times top 25 big companies to work for in 2019.
The UK Atomic Weapons Establishment is embarking on a Replacement Nuclear Warhead programme, to ensure the UK continuous at sea deterrent.
As Facility Manager you will support the Senior Asset Operations Manager in maintaining the Authority to Operate for allocated facilities, and maximising availability of assets to programme demanders.
You will be required to:
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to produce and maintain a Facility Safety Justification (FSJ) for allocated facilities.
- Collate information and prepare regular Annual Reports in support of the ATO.
- Ensure operators/residents work within Safe Operating Envelope (SOE)/Safe Operating Boundaries (SOB), as defined by the FSJ.
- Ensure maintenance plans are created and maintenance is completed within required timescales.
- Ensure allocated facilities remain configured.
- Maintain accuracy of Asset Portal Master Viewer pages for allocated facilities.
- EPR Baseline - Managing Operations (in compliance with the permit).
To be considered for the role you will have:
- General management (business and people) to manage and resolve complex cross discipline, technical and organisational issues.
- Ability to identify problems, evaluate options and formulate effective process, system and organisational solutions.
- Capable of maintaining a high degree of effectiveness in a multi task role, managing priorities and delivering to challenging timescales.
- Decision making skills that have either a high degree of complexity or diversity and takes prime responsibility.
- Team working.
- To have excellent communication,presentational and negotiation skills.