Electronics Engineering Manager
Based in Melksham
Permanent and full-time
Knorr-Bremse Rail Systems UK is a member of the global Knorr-Bremse Group, a world leader in braking and sub-systems for rail vehicles. Operating from four facilities in the UK, and with outstanding rail engineering, manufacturing, overhaul and repair ability, Knorr-Bremse Rail Systems UK has the capability and capacity to support both train builders and operators.
Knorr-Bremse Rail Systems UK offer, and provide full life support for, the entire portfolio of Knorr-Bremse Cross-Connected rail systems technology, including braking, climate control/HVAC, entrance, power electrics, adhesion, sanitary and integrated digital control and monitoring technology.
Purpose of position: Direct manager of the Electronics team working closely with the other Engineering Managers and reporting to Head of Engineering
Training / education:
Degree level in Electronics/Mechatronics engineering/ or 10+ years experience
Professional experience and / or qualifications:
Recent role with a minimum of 5 year experience as an Engineering Manager.
The individual must have experience of working within a formal Electronics product development lifecycle and have lead a multidisciplined development team of size greater than 10
Additional skills and requirements (IT, languages, extensive travel, Etc.):
• Proficient at using appropriate IT.
• Proficient with planning and reporting tools
• Able to travel domestically and abroad as the job dictates.
Indicative main responsibilities / duties:
• Lead the Electronics Engineering team to deliver objectives and commitments to rail industry standards(EN50155,50129 etc)
• To develop the team in using latest techniques and technology to reduce project costs and increase product reliability
• Experienced in Full system ’V’ lifecycle development
• Deep understanding of requirements management
• Proficient in Planning and Reporting
• Electronics input to Bids and Proposal Generation
• To define and control expenditure within the Electronics Engineering team against an agreed budget.
• To define(future) and control (current)resource utilisation within the Electronics Engineering team against an agreed budget.
• Knowledge of safety-related electronics design using the appropriate design techniques.
• Experience in architecting safety-related embedded systems.
• Coordinates technical support to production, marketing, sales and/or other departments where necessary.
• Good communicator
• Good presentation skills
• Network technologies – Ethernet, CAN, Safety Architectures
• Sub contract management Experience
• Design experience in embedded wireless applications.
Applying for this position:
Please send your CV and cover letter to: MLK.Recruitment@knorr-bremse.com