We are an electronic manufacturing company looking for a Quality Engineer to join our Engineering Department!
The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for production quality issues within the company and maintain the standards required by EN 9100:2018 (AS9100) Rev D including ISO9001:2015.
Main duties of a Quality Engineer
- To maintain a documented QMS in accordance with the requirements of the above standards.
- To be responsible for practical operation of quality standards within the company.
- To use Advanced Product Quality Planning tools (Control Plan, FMEA etc.) to ensure smooth Product Launches
- To improve quality through the use of continuous improvement tools.
- To investigate quality related issues occurring both internally and at the Customer, by identifying the root cause and implementing acceptable corrective actions. (8Ds)
- To prepare quality documentation for the annual audit. Liaise with and assist Departmental Managers with their responsibilities. Be involved with resolving any non-conformances that may arise.
- Carrying out Internal Quality audits
- Supplier Development
- Generating Quality Performance Data
- To produce Initial Sampling Documentation
- Preparing Quality Documentation
- To assist with Customer liaison on all quality issues.
- Follow and uphold the Company’s environmental policy, procedures and instructions in order to minimize environmental impacts from its activities.
- In addition, the jobholder is required to perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor/manager from time to time.
The ideal candidate will have sufficient knowledge and experience working as a Quality Engineer within an Electronic Manufacturing Company.
- Experience of working to the standards required by EN 9100:2018 (AS9100) Rev D including ISO9001:2015.
- Knowledge and understanding of Electronic Manufacturing Processes including Surface Mount Placement and Reflow Soldering, Conventional Assembly, Wave Soldering, Board Breakout etc.
- Able to investigate Manufacturing issues, identify the root cause of any issues and implement acceptable corrective actions.
- Working knowledge/understanding of the IPC-A-610 workmanship standard.
- Familiarity with shop floor data collection systems.
- Educated to graduate level or equivalent in Electronics.
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement Methods/Techniques.
- Previous experience of ERP systems.
- Experienced in APQP.
- Knowledge of Medical Equipment Manufacturing an advantage.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and requirements to excel in this role please apply. A member of our team will be in touch if you are successful.