MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: up to £70,000 (doe)
Our benefits: *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Do you want to head up and grow a group that develops software at the heart of some of the world’s most sophisticated missile systems?
We have a great opportunity for a “Group Lead” to help shape, support and develop a team of around 25 people working on several different Embedded Software projects. Your team specifies, designs, develops, integrates, tests and supports the software that transforms a collection of electronic and mechanical parts into a highly capable missile system.
If this sounds exciting then come and join us at MBDA - a 2019 Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies To Work For, and make a difference.
What we’re looking for
- Being passionate about people – keen to understand what motivates your team and looking to encourage and inspire them to grow.
- Someone comfortable coaching, mentoring and leading managers; your team of managers are responsible for the delivery of a really high quality product into complex overall programmes, where the software is a crucial element.
- Well-honed organisational skills and plenty of experience in steering the development of products from inception through to delivery.
- While not essential, it would be beneficial for you to have a background in developing software for embedded products; some knowledge of electronics and the additional complexities of developing software that is a part of a bigger product which is itself evolving at the same time.
What’s in it for you?
- This is a role for someone with a passion for embedded software and its successful deployment in modern systems. Working with technologies at the forefront of European missile systems design.
- The opportunity to forge positive relationships with Electronics Engineers, Chief Engineers, Programme Managers, Department Heads and leads from various parts of the business.
- Your group is responsible for developing highly dependable embedded, real-time software for missile subsystems – this includes datalink systems, telemetry systems, data recorders and actuators and may grow to include aspects of radars, electro-optical sensors and launchers.
- Many of our projects are the result of international collaboration and consequently there may be the opportunity to work with colleagues at our development sites in France, Italy and Germany.
- We offer a supportive and encouraging working environment where you can develop your skills across a diverse range of products and technologies.
Join a great team!
- A department that produces software that makes a difference!
- You’ll get to work with a huge variety of people of different backgrounds and expertise, passionate about building solutions to sophisticated and complex challenges – you will represent software engineering in these discussions and help shape the future of MBDA’s products.
- The team has an excellent mix of skills and experiences drawn from both academia and industry, and is well positioned for future growth.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.