MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: 40-45k + Bonus + Excellent Benefits including paid overtime and flexi-time
Part time working considered
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Component Engineer to join our UK Component Selection team and take responsibility to technically lead in electrical and mechanical components.
Using your commodity expertise, you undertaken a full range of activities, no two days are the same. You will be providing advice and guidance to your team and our customers ensuring the selection of suitable components based on risk.
As the Component Engineering Lead you will be responsible for planning and delivering assigned work packages ensuring your team meet the requirements of tasks and that they are delivered on time.
There is also the opportunity to support and lead international continuous improvement initiatives to help define best practice and manage the adoption and adherence of agreed methodologies across the teams on international scale.
What we’re looking for
- Knowledge or experience with electrical and mechanical components.
- Strong communication skills to facilitate regular face to face communications with all relevant partners.
- The ability to write clear and concise engineering documentation.
- Experience of leading a small team would be an advantage, but not mandatory as there will be the opportunity for development. The desire to step up and take a lead role, as part of the individual’s career development, is far more important as support is available.
Desirable but not essential:
- Team leadership experience
- Cataloguing components
- Prospecting components
- Competence in Microsoft Excel/Access
What’s in it for you?
- A unique opportunity to develop and broaden both technical and leadership skills within a growing company.
- Exposure to all projects and products.
- The opportunity to work with highly talented and motivated engineers, in a friendly and supportive environment.
- Opportunities to travel and work as part of an international team.
- The chance to grow and advance your career.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
The UK Component Selection team is a small close-knit group, we all support one another to ensure we meet our deliverables. We work on all projects, subsystems and equipment, which has enabled us to develop our expertise on all commodities types within the business.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.